**With Stann Out, Bring Back Goldberg**

Reign009

Not sure if serious.
Reaction score
He's still mah boy. Bring him back.

(3 man) PPV Team:
Rogan; Goldberg; (DC, Cruz, or Florian)
(2 man) Fight Night Team: Anik (I'm okay with Anik and they are not getting rid of him soon so get used to it); (DC or Cruz)
(2 man) European/Australian Team: Hardy; Gooden

And get rid of Todd Grisham. He ain't doing shit.

If I was Goldie, and they asked for me back, I'd tell the UFC to fuck themselves.

It's like you don't even know the difference between Play-by-Play and Color commentators...

Goldie has a contract with Bellator, and hopefully a shred of dignity. He's not coming back.

I'd like that but don't think it will happen.

Some people can't distinguish between nostalgia and actual quality. Goldie felt nostalgic because he'd been with the UFC for so long, but the reality is that he simply isn't very good. His goofs and corny shtick was cute when the company was still growing, but he's not nearly competent enough to be the voice of the current iteration of the company. Bringing him back would be like taking 5 steps backward.

Some people can't distinguish between nostalgia and actual quality. Goldie felt nostalgic because he'd been with the UFC for so long, but the reality is that he simply isn't very good. His goofs and corny shtick was cute when the company was still growing, but he's not nearly competent enough to be the voice of the current iteration of the company. Bringing him back would be like taking 5 steps backward.
I've made this same point several times. He, quite simply, was not good at his job. His foray into calling NFL games was a disaster for this very reason. I wish the guy well but stay in bellator and work on your craft.

If The UFC asked Goldie back, I hope he sends them a handwritten letter saying "ITTTTT'SSS ALLLLLLL OVVVVVVEEERRRRRR!!!!"

With Stann gone, does this mean the legendary Kenny "Kenflo" Florian can return to the booth.

I mean how long can the UFC and WME stay mad at Kenflo for plagiarization? Lol

<36>

What makes you think that?

__009facepalm.gif

He's still mah boy. Bring him back.

(3 man) PPV Team:
Rogan; Goldberg; (DC, Cruz, or Florian)
(2 man) Fight Night Team: Anik (I'm okay with Anik and they are not getting rid of him soon so get used to it); (DC or Cruz)
(2 man) European/Australian Team: Hardy; Gooden

And get rid of Todd Grisham. He ain't doing shit.
no, goldberg can stay gone.

I've made this same point several times. He, quite simply, was not good at his job. His foray into calling NFL games was a disaster for this very reason. I wish the guy well but stay in bellator and work on your craft.
"travis lutter is the michael jordan of jui jitzu"

That door is closed.

' Bring Goldie back! In a most lovingly perverse way I'd love to see that happen. '
- Tze

What makes you think that?

Play-by-Play Commentator - gives you a running commentary of the event in real time, directing the flow of the event.
Color Commentator - assists the Play-by-Play Commentator. Basically, when the Play-by-Play guy isn't speaking, the Color Commentator is, and his job is to provide more insight into what is happening. Which is why in MMA the Color Commentator is generally a Martial Artist. They can also be called Analyst.

Play-by-Play = Mike Goldberg, Mauro Renallo, Jon Anik....etc
Color = Brian Stann, Joe Rogan, Dom Cruz....etc

It's like you don't even know the difference between Play-by-Play and Color commentators...

This.

So now that we've established that there's a difference. Jerry Lawler anyone?

Not sure if Jim Ross is still alive and kicking but they were hands down the best duo of the 90s. Make it happen!

Because Brian Stann and Mike Goldberg had different jobs.
Play-by-Play Commentator - gives you a running commentary of the event in real time, directing the flow of the event.
Color Commentator - assists the Play-by-Play Commentator. Basically, when the Play-by-Play guy isn't speaking, the Color Commentator is, and his job is to provide more insight into what is happening. Which is why in MMA the Color Commentator is generally a Martial Artist. They can also be called Analyst.

Play-by-Play = Mike Goldberg, Mauro Renallo, Jon Anik....etc
Color = Brian Stann, Joe Rogan, Dom Cruz....etc

This.

So now that we've established that there's a difference. Jerry Lawler anyone?

Not sure if Jim Ross is still alive and kicking but they were hands down the best duo of the 90s. Make it happen!

Wow, this many people couldn't follow along lol.

Stann leaves. Anik moves to fight nights and works with Cruz or DC. Goldberg is brought in to replace Anik on PPVs.

Sounds like there's still a color guy and a play-by-play guy to me.

Back