International [Oil & Gas News] America Achieved Energy Independence As The World's Top Oil Producer (2018-2019)

Will West Texas now see a huge boom, and will Bakken pick back up again in terms of population explosion?

Also do they truck any of the oil to the Rio Grande, and then ship down to Brownsville for overseas transport?

I may seen like a broken record but are we all in the end just a bunch of hypocrites?

I think this is what i meant with the mentality of the average mexican concerning corruption (@FrankensteinMMA) , but this time is global warming, most people agree that global warming is a problem, but also most people get happy when something happens in the world making oil cheaper and cheaper.

Im as a result torn, i would certainly like cheaper oil products, but then im concerned about the lasting effects on the world.

I may seen like a broken record but are we all in the end just a bunch of hypocrites?

I think this is what i meant with the mentality of the average mexican concerning corruption (@FrankensteinMMA) , but this time is global warming, most people agree that global warming is a problem, but also most people get happy when something happens in the world making oil cheaper and cheaper.

Im as a result torn, i would certainly like cheaper oil products, but then im concerned about the lasting effects on the world.
Isn't global warming a net benefit for the US and European countries though?

Then why in the hell are we still shilling for Saudi Arabia?

Isnt most of the US population and infrastructure in the coast?

Yes we do. More greenhouses gases, the stronger the hurricanes, according to some. Houston, a huge player in the off shore drilling, got lambasted last hurricane season.

Knew this thread wouldn't generate much in response as it doesn't follow the woefully false narrative that America is in the midst of some kind of terminal decline. It's becoming entirely self-sufficient and it's only a matter of time before upholding the position as guarantor of global free trade and security (at great expense) are outright dumped altogether to a posture more closely resembling pre-1945. It's willfully going to break its own 'empire'.
isn't that the thesis of this weird book you reviewed last time ?

There were a time when all industrialized nations were powered solely by coal. Now it's petroleum. In the future it will be electricity made with green tech, and we're making excellent progress on getting there, while being self-sufficent.

The solar array on our roof produces more power each month than we need, so is our next-door neighbor's. Yet we freely acknowledge that electric cars are not affordable for most people yet. There will be a time when they dominates the roads, just not yet.

Progress is happening, one step at a time. That's reality.

And in this reality, when we are still in the age of petroleum, North American oil supply is displacing Middle Eastern oil supply, and OPEC can no longer dictate how much each barrel of crude shall costs at a flip of a switch. Self-sufficency is worth celebrating, because it allows us to do other good things, unshackled.

(Oil prices in the open market is not neccessarily going to be much cheaper. If anything, we're going to see it settles in the real price range, when high demands meets plentiful supplies, platforms operating at a small profitable margin at a few dollars per barrel, and enough pipelines to bring the crude where it needs to go.)

Meanwhile, tree-huggers shaking their fists at all these oil platforms and pipelines now is akin to people watching video clips about the world after the Industrial Revolution and shaking their heads at all those coal-powered trains and factories billowing thick clouds of dirty black sooths from their smokestacks. Without that era, we would still be lighting our lamps with peanut oil and traverse the country by horse carriages.

Fast forward 50 years to the future. We now have a solar panel to power our house, yet for we still currently drive cars that "kills Mother Earth", as the Green folks like to say.

That's not hypocrisy, that's just accepting the reality of how progress is made: one step at a time.

Last edited:
There were a time when all industrialized nations were powered solely by coal. Now it's petroleum. In the future it will be electricity made with green tech, and we're making excellent progress on getting there, while being self-sufficent.

The solar array on our roof produces more power each month than we need, so is our next-door neighbor's. Yet we freely acknowledge that electric cars are not affordable for most people yet. There will be a time when they dominates the roads, just not yet.

Progress is happening, one step at a time. That's reality.

And in this reality, when we are still in the age of petroleum, North American oil supply is displacing Middle Eastern oil supply, and OPEC can no longer dictate how much each barrel of crude shall costs at a flip of a switch. Self-sufficency is worth celebrating, because it allows us to do other good things, unshackled.

(Oil prices in the open market is not neccessarily going to be much cheaper. If anything, we're going to see it settles in the real price range, when high demands meets plentiful supplies, platforms operating at a small profitable margin at a few dollars per barrel, and enough pipelines to bring the crude where it needs to go.)

Meanwhile, tree-huggers shaking their fists at all these oil platforms and pipelines now is akin to us watching video clips about the world after the Industrial Revolution and shaking our heads at all those trains and factories billowing thick clouds of black sooths from their smokestacks.

Progress is made everyday in the transition from fossile to green energy, and we will get there, one step at a time.

There is a difference between being a tree-hugger and thinking that there ought to be a global effort to fund green tech and phase out fossil fuels.

And global warming and ocean acidification are more than local pollution of the industrial revolution, these things cant be put back in the bottle when its needed, its more akin to Chernobyl in the sense that radiation there is here to stay for the rest of our run in this world.

There is a difference between being a tree-hugger and thinking that there ought to be a global effort to fund green tech and phase out fossil fuels.

Global ideas are nice, until they meets reality, particularly about who would foot the bills.

For example: My federal government loves oil, but at the same time they also pay 30% of the costs of any home solar arrays (by way of tax credits) to encourage the American people to make the transition, which works wonderfully because people here in sunny California are doing it left and right.

How much does your government willing to pay for that first step towards green energy? Is your home energy self-sufficent yet? Did your government's contributions (or the lack of it) makes a difference in your decision to (or not to) make the leap?

Which brings us to the real question: If a government doesn't want to pay to help their own people make the transition, who do you think should cover their share?

Last edited:

its not hypocrisy....

it can all be summed up as "most people dont care about anything until it influences them directly".

this is the case with nearly every uncontrollable probem the the world has....

Isn't global warming a net benefit for the US and European countries though?
A lot of the US is quite hot, like 80 - 90+ deg summer temps average. Even up here in the Northern MidWest, where we can get several feet of snow overnight, our summer temps do reach 90+ deg.

Which brings us to the real question: If a government doesn't want to pay to help their own people make the transition, who do you think should cover their share?
I took for a conservative, and I mention this because aren't conservatives all about the free market and preferring the government interferes as little as possible in business and day to day life?

I took for a conservative, and I mention this because aren't conservatives all about the free market and preferring the government interferes as little as possible in business and day to day life?

It might be a little hard for registered Republicans and Democrats to understand, but partisan talking points on paper means very little to the remaining 1/3 of the population who lives in the real world.

What Conservatives and Liberals think about the Federal/State/City ITC on solar power makes zero impact on my pragmatic decision to go solar (or anything else for that matter). I think the technology is great economically + I get 30% tax rebate for it = I take it.

Now not only that solar users in California are saving money every month by generating more power and selling it to the utilities than we use, but we also help reducing the possibility of rolling outtages (which we were famous for in the early 2000s) on those hot summer days, when the few remaining nuclear power plants in SoCal are pushed to their limits by all the air conditioning systems set on full blast.

It's a win for everyone involved, and that's all that matters.

Last edited:
Crude oil prices and gasoline price at the pump are related, but not the same thing.

If your gas price is $3 a gallon, it's because your State is taxing the hell out of it.

Here's how much we're getting fleeced in California for every gallon:

gastaxes.jpg

Also, where you live also affects how much you pay for gas, because the gas station owner pay different prices to rent the land their station is sitting on, and they pass that cost onto you. Kinda funny that you can drive a few blocks to the next city and see gas price differs to the tune of 25-50 cents each gallon compare to your city.

Yeah, but those crazy California taxes help ensure we also have the worst roads in the US.

This fucking state.

Back