With Faber and Miguel Torres officially retired.....

Threetrees

He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score
The first era of the great smaller fighters has ended
I know there are guys before them, but they were the truly elite ones that got p4p consideration in the states

shoutouts to the guys who pioneered not only the dynamism that the lighterweight fighters exhibit, but finish potential and excitement as well

RIP WEC

Bendo out of the UFC, Pettis not really relevant
Cowboy still chugging on, Swanson still chugging on

Aldo and Cruz are the torch bearers for that old crop of WEC guys who gave us the best promotion in MMA history (imo)

Last edited:
dude you're 6'3, stop giving attention to manlets, they will think they are relevant

great point. It was crazy how overrated Torres was coming into the ufc, he really got his doors blown off in a bunch of fights. Mir has been heartbroken since.

RIP WEC

Cowboy still chugging on

Aldo is the torch bearer for that old crop of WEC guys who gave us the best promotion in MMA history (imo)

<{cruzshake}>

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

1013_large.jpg

Cruz, Cerrone, Pettis, Aldo, Swanson are all very relevant today. WEC still lives :)

Cruz, Cerrone, Pettis, Aldo, Swanson are all very relevant today. WEC still lives :)
I forgot about Swanson
Cruz for sure, going to add both names to the OP

Though Cruz was much in that second generation with Aldo

The first era of the great smaller fighters has ended
I know there are guys before them, but they were the truly elite ones that got p4p consideration in the states

shoutouts to the guys who pioneered not only the dynamism that the lighterweight fighters exhibit, but finish potential and excitement as well

RIP WEC

Cowboy still chugging on, Swanson still chugging on

Aldo and Cruz are the torch bearers for that old crop of WEC guys who gave us the best promotion in MMA history (imo)

Maybe not the best promotion, but I sure as hell enjoyed every single event. Wouldn't have missed it...

Torres was one of my favorites, and Urijah was always hella fun to watch

great point. It was crazy how overrated Torres was coming into the ufc, he really got his doors blown off in a bunch of fights. Mir has been heartbroken since.

He was really great.
His KO loss to Bowles shattered his confidence and kept him constantly second guessing his training/strategy.
He was like 37-1 before he lost the BW belt.

Torres' fall must have been one of the hardest in MMA history. From 37-1, which is a ridiculous record, to going 7-8 in his last 15 fights.

Torres' fall must have been one of the hardest in MMA history. From 37-1, which is a ridiculous record, to going 7-8 in his last 15 fights.

Confidence is so important when fighting and Torres lost his.
The guys career could've ended much differently if the judges got the fight right between him and mighty mouse.

What a terrible decision that was...

Back