With DC being reinstated, is he still considered a PAPER CHAMP?

And that was my point.
Your point was wrong though. If everyone is using, a lot more fighters would be getting popped. Do I think a good amount of them are using? Yes. But I don't think it's the majority.

Well put, my friend! They will claim that he "probably" beat Cormier, the first time, clean, but it is quite peculiar that in the USADA era, jones has failed 3 out of 4 times. I do like Cormier's take on it and that should really stamp it in the minds of jones and his fans but it probably won't: jones has the size, the height, the reach and the youth, so why in the hell did he have to take roids to fight a 40 year old, short, chubby guy, like Cormier? Maybe, jones was never that great, after all. His fans might think so but he sure didn't think so highly of himself if he felt he had to cheat to win.
It's sickening isn't it? And Cormier has T-Rex arms that could probably cut to MW or even WW.

or would Jon Jones be considered a paper champ for PED use?

Wouldn't even consider that. As Hunto said to another fighter, "He's a cheating bum." Jones is a nobody now. First champ to ever get the tittle stripped of him 3 times. That's pretty low.

As for now, DC is the champ. No doubt about it.

vF7rVgt.gif

WhoppingSardonicHarrierhawk-max-1mb.gif

? It should be common sense that all elite level fighters (at least) are on PEDs.
So why don't they all get caught. Repeatedly. It's not like it's just the lower tier fighter who can't afford test-beating cocktails, ranked fighters are getring popped too, but the vast majority of fighters are (apparently) clean. I think if anything the guys at the top of the food chain are already good enough and don't need to take the risk. Making Jonny Boner Jones repated failures all the more hard to fathom.

not a jones fan or a DC fan....

hes been beat and been KO'd ((against a cheater, yes)) and had to be given back the belt as opposed to winning it from someone, Im sure a true competitor and sportsman like DC doesnt at heart feel like the champion right now...no matter what bluster he talks in the public eye

I feel it was completely the wrong decision to just hand back the title to DC, like it has been suggested in another thread, the way to go would be to have a tournament ((perhaps a one time throwback to old ufc/pride and do a one night, four man tournament in japan, perhaps work a bigger tournament into some kind of TUF format and boost ratings for that plummet)) at least then even if DC were to win the title back((Good chance of that happening)) it would give it legitmacy again and were DC to win...it would help erase the very recent memory of him being shut down

how can he not be a paper champ when he was just handed the belt and didnt succeed in taking it thru contest

its not DC's fault tho, its the UFC dropping the ball

F Jones for taking himself out before someone could put a beating on him ...

now its going to be an eternity of fans ((many of whom in the future...like now... will not have been around for when the fights happened and will only go by the records)) talking about the unbeatable force that was Jon Jones, because he hasnt been beat....the sad part is they will be right lol
DC did take the belt through contest, he beat Rumble for the title that was vacant because of whatever stupid shit Jones was up to (I can't remember what order his fuck ups came in) and hasn't been beaten for it by someone who wasn't breaking the rules since then.

DC has beaten everyone within the rules so he is champ. A paper champ avoids certain fights/fighters, but that's not the case here.

DC did take the belt through contest, he beat Rumble for the title that was vacant because of whatever stupid shit Jones was up to (I can't remember what order his fuck ups came in) and hasn't been beaten for it by someone who wasn't breaking the rules since then.
im sure DC feels he completely deserves that title...that he earned it....or something

Who made that claim? I simply said PED usage at the highest level of MMA has been extremely common in pride and UFC alike
I was referring to the narrative that most of jones' fans are using to try to keep him in GOAT contention. It is pretty remarkable that, of all the fighters in the UFC, only 26 have popped "hot" in 3 years and jones counts for three of those violations.

Jones had no intention of fighting DC without help...never did IMO.
He was a paper champ.

im sure DC feels he completely deserves that title...that he earned it....or something
I get where you're coming from dude but I feel my point still stands. DC won the belt, it isn't his fault there was no champion at the time, and he hasn't lost it. I really don't see how he's not the legitimate champion.

Back