Winning: Immigration Judges Dispatched to 12 Major U.S. Cities to Speed Deportations

Key fact from the link that is missing in the OP: "The U.S. Justice Department is developing plans to temporarily reassign immigration judges from around the country to 12 cities to speed up deportations of illegal immigrants who have been charged with crime."
8 USC 1325

8 USC 1325

That's not even a complete sentence. I'm aware that illegal immigrants have by definition broken the law, but as written the article suggests that these immigrants are being charged with crimes other than entering the US illegally. It seems to me very sensible to deport immigrants who commit crimes.

I don't hate worker's comp. In that case, Gorsuch recognized that he was a judge, not a legislator. Fixing the law is not the judiciary's job.
Yeah, Gorsuch often recognizes that he is a judge not a legislator... when individual rights are in question.

When it is corporate rights though... different story.

Everyone knows the Founding Fathers viewed corporations as people!

I took it as a joke, but lots of Trump supporters took it literally.

Personally I'm just glad she didn't get power.

This is the thing... I didn't take a lot of his campaign rhetoric, and I actually believe we should be supporting this guy - our president - wholeheartedly.... But the idea that he's setting some sort of tone of keeping promises at large is a longshot *at best* at the moment. A lot of what he said was just talk to get him into office and it's really showing with what he's actually able to do, and willing to do, now that he's in.

Would be nice if Democrats could actually follow their 8 year mantra of "You have to support our president!" They're turning out to be such *rampaging* hypocrites concerning supporting the commander in chief. Laci Green's reaction to Trump's election really captured the disingenuous, sanctimonious, hypocritical tone of much of the Left concerning the election, and support of the president at large:

oIw7vyK.png

It's all "We must all stand together and make America stronger - together" when they're winning, and "OMG OVERTHROW THE FASCIST WE MUST RESIST!" and outright tantrums when working together means supporting someone they didn't vote for. They bitched about attempting to obstruct Obama for 8 years and when given the chance to live up to the mantra of "When they go low, we go high" that they love to quote, they are failing *miserably*. People on the right excusing Trump's shortcomings, failures, and outright lies is the hypocrisy much of the Right has embraced - but the Left has proven to be utterly bankrupt in much of their rhetoric of the past 8 years. The political landscape is a sewer right now and we're all squatting down and adding to the pile of shit every day.

Yeah, Gorsuch often recognizes that he is a judge not a legislator... when individual rights are in question.

When it is corporate rights though... different story.

Everyone knows the Founding Fathers viewed corporations as people!

Can you give some examples of Gorsuch's changing the law to deprive individual's of their rights?

This is the thing... I didn't take a lot of his campaign rhetoric, and I actually believe we should be supporting this guy - our president - wholeheartedly.... But the idea that he's setting some sort of tone of keeping promises at large is a longshot *at best* at the moment. A lot of what he said was just talk to get him into office and it's really showing with what he's actually able to do, and willing to do, now that he's in.

Would be nice if Democrats could actually follow their 8 year mantra of "You have to support our president!" They're turning out to be such *rampaging* hypocrites concerning supporting the commander in chief. Laci Green's reaction to Trump's election really captured the disingenuous, sanctimonious, hypocritical tone of much of the Left concerning the election, and support of the president at large:

oIw7vyK.png

It's all "We must all stand together and make America stronger - together" when they're winning, and "OMG OVERTHROW THE FASCIST WE MUST RESIST!" and outright tantrums when working together means supporting someone they didn't vote for. They bitched about attempting to obstruct Obama for 8 years and when given the chance to live up to the mantra of "When they go low, we go high" that they love to quote, they are failing *miserably*. People on the right excusing Trump's shortcomings, failures, and outright lies is the hypocrisy much of the Right has embraced - but the Left has proven to be utterly bankrupt in much of their rhetoric of the past 8 years. The political landscape is a sewer right now and we're all squatting down and adding to the pile of shit every day.
It's only going to get worse. Get in for a bumpy ride.

That's not even a complete sentence. I'm aware that illegal immigrants have by definition broken the law, but as written the article suggests that these immigrants are being charged with crimes other than entering the US illegally. It seems to me very sensible to deport immigrants who commit crimes.
Crimes such as 8 USC 1325

Crimes such as 8 USC 1325

This is still not a complete sentence. You have a subject, "crimes such as 8 USC 1325". Now you need a verb. Crimes such as 8 USC 13525 do what or are being treated how? This isn't mere grammerly nitpicking. I have no clue what you are trying to say.

But Obama... Wait...

imrs.php

Obama was deporting people before it was cool.

But Trumptards won't acknowledge that. Just like they won't acknowledge this:
MW-EH199_djia_o_ZG_20160304140141.jpg
My issue with the market is that they printed trillions of dollars just to make it go higher. The fed won't ever officially admit this, but their behavioral patterns of the past show this to be true. In my humble opinion, it is like a table without all four legs. But I am no expert, I'm just a middle class guy.

CnBFoHtUMAAI3hm.jpg

Can you give some examples of Gorsuch's changing the law to deprive individual's of their rights?
The most famous would be the Hobby Lobby case where he ruled that employers did not have to provide their employees with insurance plans that cover birth control.

Or you've got his views against Death With Dignity Euthanasia): "All human beings are intrinsically valuable and the intentional taking of human life by private persons is always wrong." So, according to him, you don't even have the right to end your suffering if you are terminally ill. That's pretty "anti-individual rights" if you ask me.

He is very protective of people's "religious liberties"... as long as their religious views line up with traditional Christianity.

He has a long and consistent record of ruling against employees and for employers, against consumers and for corporations, so it all depends on who you have in mind by "individuals."

My issue with the market is that they printed trillions of dollars just to make it go higher. The fed won't ever officially admit this, but their behavioral patterns of the past show this to be true. In my humble opinion, it is like a table without all four legs. But I am no expert, I'm just a middle class guy.

CnBFoHtUMAAI3hm.jpg
Oh, I agree. But what's good for the goose is good for the gander, you know?

If people are going to praise Trump for something, they should be willing to praise Obama for the same, and vice versa.

The most famous would be the Hobby Lobby case where he ruled that employers did not have to provide their employees with insurance plans that cover birth control.

I have to ask... What part of this is denying someone of their rights? What right is being denied?

I have to ask... What part of this is denying someone of their rights? What right is being denied?
It's allowing employers to dictate which medical treatments their employees have access to.

Would you take issue with an employer denying an employee cancer treatment, for example, because that employer was into New Age Heal Yourself Thinking or Reiki or something?

The right to full healthcare coverage was denied to the employee in the Hobby Lobby case.

It's allowing employers to dictate which medical treatments their employees have access to.

Would you take issue with an employer denying an employee cancer treatment, for example, because that employer was into New Age Heal Yourself Thinking or Reiki or something?

The right to full healthcare coverage was denied to the employee in the Hobby Lobby case.

Between the two of you, you seem to be presuming that this is a right before even going in. I get it - if you believe that healthcare coverage under terms you agree to is a right, then obviously he's denying people their rights... But isn't the whole point of sending it to court to determine if it is a right or not, rather than just something we think should be done? I mean, "your healthcare provider providing insurance that pays for your birth control" is obviously not a natural right, so that's off the table - it must be some sort of civic right, or state right, or constitutional right, or something... So, which is it?

I guess the next example is, why is your employer covering birth control a right rather than a privilege, a service, a job place perk, etc etc etc? Courts certainly do get things wrong based on ideological driven rulings - but is there an actual firm document or precedent that determines that yes, this is absolutely, without question, a right, or is this just one of those rights that people call a right because they feel every person should have this? So, not really a right at all and just something we think people should have...

Just to be clear, I think birth control should be covered by the socialized medicine that I have openly supported in this forum on various occasions. I do not see how it is a right at the moment, so much as a perk deriving from democratically negotiated a social contract. I see it as something I think we should have because it would lead to positive outcomes for the state at large. So, convince me - why should I take the next step and say "it's a right" rather than just "It's something we should provide because it has good outcomes from the state at large."? For all I know, there is a clear passage or precedent that makes this a defined right - but the Supreme Court didn't seem to think it was convincing. Since you two are saying that it was the right of those employees to not only be able to get birth control, but have their employers pay for it, you must have a concrete case for it being a right rather than just something you think should happen.

And to answer Lucky's question, yes I would have a problem with that. I *fully* understand that this ruling puts us into an area where the potential for a slippery slope into stupidity is a very real possibility. This concern in no way turns a privilege/something we think we should have into a right though. Just because it's something the state should do, when judged by measure we agree with, doesn't make it a right that people have. I think the state should do all sorts of things it doesn't - but my thinking that doesn't make those things rights that are being denied.

Last edited:

It is a right under the ACA, a federal law, which means its the law of the land.

We are arguing whether Gorsuch is a man that follows the law as it is, which clearly he is not.

Otherwise he would support the ACA and side with the employee over Hobby Lobby.

Back