Winning Gloves...Are they worth it?

I checked out that UBC Boxing brand. I kinda like, a lot.

classicBrownSparring.jpg

Those for only $45?!

I think everyone trains like you described.I have never seen any mma guy use lace ups except for hitting mitts and hard sparring...
Do the same at the gym I go to. Except they don't even bother to switch their gloves we just spar with the bag gloves.

I just read this whole thread. Not to grave dig, but I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a pair of Winnings. But for the price I could get a pair of Cleto's AND a pair of Grants....

I have no issues with my current glove set. No complaints about wrist support or knuckle protection.

HMMMM...

I just read this whole thread. Not to grave dig, but I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a pair of Winnings. But for the price I could get a pair of Cleto's AND a pair of Grants....

I have no issues with my current glove set. No complaints about wrist support or knuckle protection.

HMMMM...

Do it.....................go on.....................you know you want them..............what are you waiting for.............check my review here:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f67/winning-velcro-16oz-gloves-pics-1639321/

I felt the same as you, not sure if I could justify the price. But I tell you, I could never go back to anything else now.

st555.jpg
st555b.jpg

Long story short. searched for PRIDE FC gloves, found a post on sherdog claiming Winning Japan made them, saw the price $140, which is about $60 dollars more than the most expensive mma glove I'm aware of and I gotta repeat the topic title...
"Winning Gloves...Are they worth it?"

I read the first couple of pages, and then skipped here to the end. I just thought I'd add my 2 cents.

I've had bad hands for my entire amateur and pro boxing career (8 breaks and five surgeries) and I was hoping that Winning gloves would solve the problem. I bought the 16oz sparring gloves and have since broke my hands 3 times. I know it sounds like BS, but it's true.

Obviously, the problem is first and foremost my hands that even Paulie Malinaggi would pity. Secondly, I think I FINALLY figured out the problem; Winning 16oz gloves are REALLY big, including the inside. If you have small hands (like me), then stay away from them.

The only company that I can find that makes a size small 16oz is Everlast (and my sparring partners complain about how hard they are).

I read the first couple of pages, and then skipped here to the end. I just thought I'd add my 2 cents.

I've had bad hands for my entire amateur and pro boxing career (8 breaks and five surgeries) and I was hoping that Winning gloves would solve the problem. I bought the 16oz sparring gloves and have since broke my hands 3 times. I know it sounds like BS, but it's true.

Obviously, the problem is first and foremost my hands that even Paulie Malinaggi would pity. Secondly, I think I FINALLY figured out the problem; Winning 16oz gloves are REALLY big, including the inside. If you have small hands (like me), then stay away from them.

The only company that I can find that makes a size small 16oz is Everlast (and my sparring partners complain about how hard they are).

Grant 140z gloves are snug, read gonzaginators review

st555.jpg
st555b.jpg

Long story short. searched for PRIDE FC gloves, found a post on sherdog claiming Winning Japan made them, saw the price $140, which is about $60 dollars more than the most expensive mma glove I'm aware of and I gotta repeat the topic title...
"Winning Gloves...Are they worth it?"

You looking for these Pride Style Gloves from Japan?
Google Translate

HMMMM...

Just get them. You know when you save enough money you're gonna get the cletos AND grants later:icon_twis

If you take boxing serious and if you have issues with your knuckles and you can afford to spend 250-300 on a pair of gloves then I'd say get the Winning gloves, they'll be totally worth it.

On the other side If you have to save up cash, if you're boxing just for fun or if you don't have any knuckle issues with other gloves then don't get the Winnings. Especially if you can't afford them. You'll expect too much out of them if you have to save up cash and then you'll have buyers remorse. Some people have that, they expect the glove to turn them into Mayweather and then they realize it's just a boxing glove. Those are the people that sell them off again brand new on Ebay and then they claim the reason why they're selling them is because they quit boxing. :icon_lol:

If you take boxing serious and if you have issues with your knuckles and you can afford to spend 250-300 on a pair of gloves then I'd say get the Winning gloves, they'll be totally worth it.

On the other side If you have to save up cash, if you're boxing just for fun or if you don't have any knuckle issues with other gloves then don't get the Winnings. Especially if you can't afford them. You'll expect too much out of them if you have to save up cash and then you'll have buyers remorse. Some people have that, they expect the glove to turn them into Mayweather and then they realize it's just a boxing glove. Those are the people that sell them off again brand new on Ebay and then they claim the reason why they're selling them is because they quit boxing. :icon_lol:

Wait, your telling me all these gloves I have don't make me a better boxer? Wtf why didn't anyone tell me this? I was hoping too take Pacquiao's title by next month.

Update.
Broke my hand with the Everlast protex. Calling it a career.
6-0, no belt won, but had a blast!
Joe Pineault

Joe what the hell are you punching? the corner of a brick wall?

i've been playing with a pair of 16oz winning gloves for a bit and truthfully they are nice gloves but in no way are they 2 to 3 times nicer then other gloves biased on their price.

I think when it comes to gloves it's more about personal preference then anything. i know protection wise they didn't feel any different then other gloves in the $80-100 price range, with un wrapped hands my knuckles would still get sore after a few hard punches on a heavy bag.

i'm not bagging on them i'm just saying if your paying 2-3times more for a pair of gloves expect these gloves to be just as good or at most 10-20% better then other higher end gloves that you might be thinking of picking up.

Their headgear is a different story that shit kicks ass

Mike @ Gorilla Fight Gear

img10411373895.jpg
img10411373897.jpg
img10411373893.jpg
dscn2815a.jpg

The blues are really good! They look like Pride's gloves
I also love the red and white, it's a tough choice

Last edited:
i was able to buy a car for the cost of a pair of winning gloves and headgear combined.

Back