Winning cm-65 mitts

magicrat

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Ok first i am not a pro reviewer like Strato. But I just though I could share some knowledge as I have made some of my purchases from reviews on this forum and was happy with them.
I bought the cm-65 mitts wit the finger hood for 240 new from ebay.....at this price I'm calling it breaking even.....I can see why the guy sold them to me at a loss......winning did not reinvent the mitt and didn't substantialy improve it either.
First off the leather and craftsmanship is great......winning leather is always great.....and these mitts keep your hand and wrist in perfect position to catch shots.....and when I say perfect I mean perfect.....they really are anatomically correct mitts.....but that's where it ends.
Are they good at absorbing blows yes...... they last a long time it seems like it....... other than the hand and wrist position being absolutely perfect are there any better than any other leather mitt??? Not by much..... at $400 I would have been disappointed.
For me I would probably get mitts from Top boxer or UMA......I got a great pair of Garibay mitts from Topboxer for $150 shipped IIRC and i think its a steal....I doubt sergios are any better.....Super light and super protective.......He also make mitts more like the CM-65 too..... Anyways this is just my opinion hope this helps someone out.
Also if you are a trainer and are constantly holding mitts for hours a day the comfort maybe more important to you and the winning might be a great choice.

Last edited:
Definitely hit or miss with Winning mitts in my personal experience. My brother has custom CM50F's and they are some of the best air mitts I've ever put on. I however, had a pair of CM-10s that I'd rank as quite possibly the least comfortable micro mitts I've ever used.

Would definitely go UMA or Top Boxer personally if you were looking to invest in a solid pair of mitts.

Back