Winning 10oz vs Winning 12oz and hand protection

FrustratedBJJ

White Belt
Reaction score
Is the hand protection on the 10oz, comparable to their 12oz? Or does the 12oz offer a considerable amount more of protection? Referring to their lace ups....

How well do the elastic laces/hook and loop mods work with the Winning pro gloves?

Thx

Essentially what you're asking is fight glove vs training glove.

The 12s are much denser and a bit more protective, but the fight gloves are probably the most comfortable gloves you could ever put on.

Velcro: somewhat more padding
Lace-up: essentially different gloves, 10 oz. has more shock absorbing foam, 12 oz. has more high density foam, 10 oz. is softer and more pliable and protects and bit less than 12 oz. but is more comfortable and fits all hands while 12 oz. doesn't fit to big hands/long fingers.

10 oz. lace-up Winning are my favourite Winning gloves by far.

10s were too tight on my thumb. I'm 120 and have pretty medium sized hands. Chances are your hands are bigger then mines.

10s were too tight on my thumb. I'm 120 and have pretty medium sized hands. Chances are your hands are bigger then mines.

That's interesting. Aren't the 10oz supposed to be the fight gloves heavyweights use?

I am considering a pair myself. However, the 14oz training gloves were a bit too short in the pocket for me. My hand does fit well in other 10oz pro fight gloves, though.

6 feet, 170 pounds, quite long fingers - no problems with 10 oz.

12 oz are too small for my hands but i paid a lot for them and put screen print on them (kills resellability) so i'm keeping them. If there is a next time I'm going with 10oz pro fights.

Velcro: somewhat more padding
Lace-up: essentially different gloves, 10 oz. has more shock absorbing foam, 12 oz. has more high density foam, 10 oz. is softer and more pliable and protects and bit less than 12 oz. but is more comfortable and fits all hands while 12 oz. doesn't fit to big hands/long fingers.

10 oz. lace-up Winning are my favourite Winning gloves by far.

Hi shihtzu, can I ask what you use your winning 10 oz for (bagwork)? I know you recommend the tokushus, would you recommend me those instead of a pair of winning 10oz for mainly heavy bag and pad work? Thanks.

10 oz Winning has softer foam, it's like they left out the hard pad underneath. The 12 oz is more protective, but, it's not drastic IMO. I would recommend 12 oz for the bag, but, as far as pro fight gloves go, 10 oz winning is the best option. I've never used a pro fight glove with as much protection as 10 oz winning.

Like to know it too :confused:, what is best protection for the Bag only, the Winning 10 or 12 oz?

Back