Wing Chun ???

I sparred with a Wing Chun guy last sunday.
I found his fight to be very frustrating.
He gave me some fits and constant pressure, which I hate.

The problem with Wing Chun and other "TMA"s is that all the techniques have been developed to be other practitioners of the same style. I can definitely see the principles being effective.

wing chun can be eff...the few wing chun people i have sparred all worked w/diff stylist and made it a point to train w/hard contact.

they usually had to make adj, slightly in stance and some tech they used; but when i sparred the guys i did, they were using wing chun...

the art has enough holes in it, that u have to make alot of adjustments; but if dev w/hard sparring and contact, it can and will be eff.

not as eff as maybe boxing/jkd/muay thai/ kickboxing; but effective enough

I sparred with a Wing Chun guy last sunday.
I found his fight to be very frustrating.
He gave me some fits and constant pressure, which I hate.

The problem with Wing Chun and other "TMA"s is that all the techniques have been developed to be other practitioners of the same style. I can definitely see the principles being effective.

i had the same issue, i had to stay on my toes alot; an resort potshoting..so as to not really give him a chance to step in and open me up w/those straight shots and low kicks, which he did upon occassion, especially when i planted or threw lazy shots (w/no snap) or range finder shots.

not saying he schooled me he didn't; but he presented some stylistic probs, an this guy was very fluid and had really quick hands and an explosive first step to close dist.

as for trapping the intricate stuff is prob not gonna work; but i have seen initial traps/parries and the counters/flurries work in self def situations or all out brawls.

an in mma erik paulson used trapping in an mma match where he was in guard and the opp was trying to bomb on him, he eff trapped/blocked in spots, enough to the point he was not pounded out like alot of grapplers had been when facing wrestlers

You do know that a guy who clinches with you is going to grab you around the waist or shoulders and not do your little WC pattycake bullshit with you, right?

have you read my post??? i have 2 years training muay thai and have had 3 fights and not once i have been out worked in the clinch.

fook sau is a monitoring hand, perfect for using in the clinch so please don't start throwing shit when you don't know what im talking about.

Take it easy Ken

The rushing Belfort is really old school boxing and shifting

Back