Wing Chun?

Yeah. Kung Fu has defined itself as one of the top martial arts today. We have many fighters that have redefined the sport due to their training from Kung Fu. The amount of champions that Kung Fu has produced is phenominal. Fuck off. Fighting in movies and soap operas have more merritt than Kung Fu could ever hope to have.

It's really not even worth arguing with some of you guys. If you want to keep the same close-minded views on martial arts and simply say that only about four different styles of MA are effective and have purpose, then so be it. Just realize that you're ignorant assholes and you really need to wake up...or for some of you:

Yeah i'm a fuckin' immature...but at least i'm not studying in a McDojo!

Grow up.

Well Wing Chun, at least you have learned to dance.

Mike%20Chi%20Sao%20Judges%20Wing%20Chun%20Posebig.jpg

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting...

Hey the dude is exploring something new and lets see how he does, he sure has a better chance to be effective then if he tried with TKD.

You are all very brainwashed!
But this comes from the fact that no real WingChun expert has ever go to the MMA field.
You will see that the time for WingChun will come...

What are you talking bout Mack? ITF TKD has alot of useful stuff in it. Even WTF TKD(olylmpic style) has some useful stuff(not alot though).

Is this McDojo thread still going on? Damn is it so hard for you to understand that NO Wing Chun fighters have been world class fighters WingChun? You can defend it all you want but the facts don't change. Cry a river because it's not going to happen. EVER.

If it's not Muay Thai, San Da, Kyokushin, or Boxing for standup don't do it.

Agreed Silver Wolf. They will continue to try to convince themselves that they haven't been studying at a McDojo. Poor fuckers. There is always time to join a real club guys.

Is this McDojo thread still going on? Damn is it so hard for you to understand that NO Wing Chun fighters have been world class fighters WingChun? You can defend it all you want but the facts don't change. Cry a river because it's not going to happen. EVER.

If it's not Muay Thai, San Da, Kyokushin, or Boxing for standup don't do it.
Wow...you must be even more of a dumbass than I originally gave you credit for! Sorry dude. (I hope you can feel the sarcasm pouring off that one.)

Did I not just say in one of my recent posts that pure traditional Wing Chun IS NOT RING ring effective? That's why I also study Muay Thai.

Originally posted by DaBlackBroly
What are you talking bout Mack? ITF TKD has alot of useful stuff in it. Even WTF TKD(olylmpic style) has some useful stuff(not alot though).

Well it may have a lot of usefull stuff, but many arts have usefull stuff man. ANd wich ones proved to be effective? All thos who hjad usefull stuff? No.

WingChun, I'm the "dumbass"? At least I know better than to train in Wing Chun...unlike you...

you got a very good point......but things will change...there may not be any TKD K-1 champs or MMA fighters running around now but one there will be...never say never...you can do anything if you try...

Heyall, thanks for the great posts.

I din'te believe that any one style is complete in MMA. Just wanted to find out the opinion of it in MMA.

Go MT

Go Kung Fu....

Goi B JJ

Thanks for all the info dudees

Originally posted by DaBlackBroly
you got a very good point......but things will change...there may not be any TKD K-1 champs or MMA fighters running around now but one there will be...never say never...you can do anything if you try...

I dont think were the first ones to say that are we? Or lets say we are, who will prove it? From anybody who did a useles ring art, and tries to get into lets say ala K-1 competitons, didnt he switch to a more effectrive and fortgot his roots?

I mean theres no way theres was nobody to try it for all thoe years, or is it just starting now?

I think Kyokushin fighters would benefit from training with an Olympic TKD coach to improve their kicks. I'm sure TKD fighters could improve their punches training with Kyokushin fighters. No style is useless. No style is perfect.

k1 is geared for k1, not tkd. a tkd guy will need to adjust his game and practice some of the effective strategies other styles have used to win in k1. strategies are not the same as tactics, strategy is a plan and style of fighting, while tactics are actions.

i believe a tkd guy could do it, but they need to practice and train effectively. the styles of mt and boxing blend much easier with the rules of k1. boxers and mt guys training resembles k1 much closer, so if a tkd guy started doing hard sparring and serious work he could do it. tkd has too many moves while the arsenals of boxing and mt are much less that is why perfecting them is much easier. concentrating on a few techniques to mastery is much easier. so a tkd guy can have many moves but should mainly practice the ones which are designed for maximum speed and or damage. point sparring will not cut it. he will also need to condition his legs to take punsihment. one good aspect of tkd vs other styles is the commonality of stance switching. many mt and boxing guys cannopt effectively fight off both stances. whilst most all tkd guys practice both sides. changing stances is important in k1 especially since its tournament style. if you take damage in your lead leg from the first fight and you advance it is advantageous to be able to effectively fight off the other side. while a boxer whos front leg is damged will lose the mobility a major weapon in boxing and k1, then be stuck in the next fight.

Back