Wing Chun working?

Astute observation. Yes, that is correct.

Interesting but yes probably because if I'm not mistaken he took out sparring etc so his art wouldn't be appealing to thugs and perhaps then his students were missing something or maybe not or maybe until steven segal did above the law perhaps or taught machita how to do a crane kick?......

I guess same goes for Aikido ever since Ueshiba died, right?

eh not really as i recall ueshiba stated aikido was never useful for fighting. It was supposed to be a means of exercise and spiritual development.

don_t_feed_the_troll.jpg

See Heading.

KarateStylist

We should all just agree Wing Chun, Aikido, and Tai Chi, are all very nice hobbies but aren't really very good for beating people up.

We should all just agree Wing Chun, Aikido, and Tai Chi, are all very nice hobbies but aren't really very good for beating people up.

Steven segals crane kick says different.

Where are randy couture's teeth machita kicked out?

Steven segals crane kick says different.

Where are randy couture's teeth machita kicked out?

So, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and saying... sarcasm?

Maybe those weird uppercuts Boetsch used to hulk Okami came form JKD.

Notice all the wing chun "wins" are against people two weeks into the mc dojo down the streets beginner class?

I think we can all agree that Wing chun is better than nothing and it's not about the styles, but the fighters in a match.

On another note: Aikido, WC, etc aren't useless hobbies because the people with more offensive than defensive martial arts experience could learn a couple of things from the throws and defensive techniques

More food for thought courtesy of You Tube suggestions:

Supposedly, the outline is as below:

NMAL Free Style martial arts competition Fight 1994,
The wing chun guy (white singlet ) has 17 years wing chun experience and is no beginner, has only fought in his own style tournament and has no other external tournament experience, The Kick boxer has 6 years experience and has tournament experience. This is modified rules, Full contact to the body semi to the head and legs, Sweeps are allowed, No Knees or elbows.

the fact he made it through the whole thing w/out getting stopped makes him more effective than 99% of the wing chun guys who do mix style matches; he wasn't spectacular, but he showed pretty good def (imo). That was throwing hard and throwing alot, the wing chun guy didnt' really get hit (clean) all that much.

Why do WC guys hold their hands so far out in front of themselves? Seems really impractical.

Back