Wing Chun working?

True but he felt that some things weren't practical and he made his own fighting form.

Yep, he created JKD when he didn't do as well in an actual fight as he though he should.

That fight was his most famous and most documented, yet the stories vary greatly depending upon who is telling it.

Who was that dude who said, "I was born a Wing Chun man, I'm a die a Wing Chun man!" again? He tried out for Strikeforce if I recall correctly.

Who was that dude who said, "I was born a Wing Chun man, I'm a die a Wing Chun man!" again? He tried out for Strikeforce if I recall correctly.

Haha, Sensei Obasi, and it was M1. And it was awkward to watch. Dude's got issues.

He actually had a pretty good amateur MMA record, but he got taken down early and tapped to strikes in his first pro debut.

Haha, Sensei Obasi, and it was M1. And it was awkward to watch. Dude's got issues.

He actually had a pretty good amateur MMA record, but he got taken down early and tapped to strikes in his first pro debut.

"Sensei" Obasi? When did wing chun go Japanese? : )

"Sensei" Obasi? When did wing chun go Japanese? : )

He had a couple of videos of himself on youtube that refered to him as Sensei. The dude's a nutcase. After M1 told him they didn't like his standup, he cried on camera begging for M1 to let him in. Fun topic, look him up.

He had a couple of videos of himself on youtube that refered to him as Sensei. The dude's a nutcase. After M1 told him they didn't like his standup, he cried on camera begging for M1 to let him in. Fun topic, look him up.

Oh I know who he is, and his teacher Grados out of NY. Just didn't know if he had japanese ranking too.

Hey this guy Ben Saunders supposedly has wing chun or JKD training

Ben Saunders initially trained in JKD Concepts, but I see no Wing Chun in his style, mostly the typical MMA boxing/Muay Thai blend.

Just posting it up...he uses man geng sao for sure. Not much in terms of the lin wan kuen or jik chung choi at all.

The main problem I have with this WC "success" is that after receiving a million punches and kicks the opponent is... just a bit tired. Sure, the chain punching does seem to overwhelm the Karateka but little to no damage is actually done.

Also, WTF Kyokushin Karate and NO LOW KICKS?!

EDIT:
I'll actually play devils advocate and post another WC "win", again the opponent is complete crap but it still looks better than the OP vid IMO:

if i had time ill try to enroll a little wingchun and combine in it my boxing, but thats a little too much to handle haha. i must have too much cardio to pull 100 punches from different angles and directions.

I actually watched the entire fight and what I saw was... *drum roll* the Thai plumb!

Could it be that the thai wrestling and wc neck pulling are.... *drum roll* actually very similar in concept!!!

watched the vid didnt see a single thing that would compell me to dedicate any time to wc over muay thai or boxing

Back