Wing Chun working?

One of the best applications of WC i've seen, and that's not really a compliment to the art. What was the Karate guys style? Did he ever spar before? He just stand there, covering from these pitter-patter punches and fell over throwing a haymaker!

do either of them know what they are doing?

At one point wing chun guy literally just lowers his head, bends over and sticks his arms out to stop the guy from coming in...

Even better:

I often laugh at this because I wonder how he got invited and what street corner they picked him off of. I believe that was Kancho Ninomiya the father of Enshin that scored the ippon.

At least it was better than what I'm used to see from a lot of fake Wing Chun practicioners.

Even better:

I often laugh at this because I wonder how he got invited and what street corner they picked him off of. I believe that was Kancho Ninomiya the father of Enshin that scored the ippon.

That is the single worst example of someone trying to do WC I ever saw, Thought that the first time I saw it years ago, and still think it every time I see that clip.

One can't lose the importance of reality. I have a lot of respect for wing chun but this was a bad match-up for it. Wing chun is a great adjunct to something else.

T

Also, WTF Kyokushin Karate and NO LOW KICKS?!

where did you get kyokushin from? That is not a kyokushin kanji on his jacket.
No idea what style symbol it is, but it is not kyokushin.

where did you get kyokushin from? That is not a kyokushin kanji on his jacket.
No idea what style symbol it is, but it is not kyokushin.

Ah, sorry. Dunno why I though they were KK. :redface:

Lol Nefron, if you've been on the receiving end of a wing Chun ear-beating you know how painful it is. They go on and on and on until you can take no more.

Lol Nefron, if you've been on the receiving end of a wing Chun ear-beating you know how painful it is. They go on and on and on until you can take no more.

I am overwhelmed by Wing Chun... verbally and psychologically.

They go on and on and on until you can take no more.

Ear beatings.. sounds like my wife when she is on a cleaning spree. I jest, but seriously those ear beatings hurt.

Back