Win or lose, Conor to take time off for 2nd child after Khabib fight

Conor will never fight again after the beating Khabib puts on him.

Why even fight now then? This guy been gone for 2 years, is coming back for a fight just to leave again maybe for good even?
smh.. make up ur fkn mind! i feel bad for his fans with the way he teases them.

Didnt he just sign a 6 fight deal? Thats another thing too, someone correct me if i am wrong here but doesnt cm sign just 1 fight deals so he can negotiate for himself for every fight? Thats the way i couldve sworn it was but i certainly can be wrong.

All of you guys believing anything they throw at you. He never took time off because of the baby. He took time off to negotiate himself a $100 million payday to box Floyd. Just keep eating those crumbs.

All of you guys believing anything they throw at you. He never took time off because of the baby. He took time off to negotiate himself a $100 million payday to box Floyd. Just keep eating those crumbs.

Well, that + He probably just wanted some down time because he had spent so long up to that point fighting non-stop. Fighting 20 times (exact number, no estimate) in 6 years will burn almost anybody out.

Lol...how many times was Khabib/Tony made? That division hasn't done shit since he left.
Since he left the division?

You mean the one off fight he took at 155 that put the division in a logjam for over a year?

I don't expect him to come back after that.

He would be 32 and filthy rich. He said he wanted to retire young and wealthy, 32+ wouldn't be so young anymore. Especially with the incentive of UFC stock, his whiskey, suits, and various other ventures he could make money from.

I am going to watch UFC 229 as if it's the last time I see Conor fight. As should everyone else.

He doesn't turn 31 until July 2019 and he's got money fights of Nate Diaz and GSP waiting in the wings.

Since he left the division?

You mean the one off fight he took at 155 that put the division in a logjam for over a year?
There was NO log jam

Khabib and Tony fell apart multiple times

How do you blame Conor for that

Conor's title win vs Alvarez was the most exciting thing to ever happen to LW history

In Conor's short absence no one else did anything at LW, and Khabib and Tony traded pulling out of fights

Now Conor is back saving LW again and giving LW another mega Conor super event

It's all thanks to Conor

Imagine how shit LW would be right now if not for Conor, and if it were all up to Khabib/Tony

You should be thanking Conor. So ungrateful.

But I bet haters like you will be the first one's crying about how much you miss Conor when Conor retires years and years from now.

Don't take Conor for granted. You still have the chance.

Don't regret it down the road. Appreciate Conor now while you can.

We are like the people who got to witness Ali/Lee during their heydays.

We get to witness the legend of Conor McGregor live as it's happening right now.

No other generation will get this privledge.

Again dont take it all for granted.

Cherish Conor now so that you won't have regrets when you are old and telling your grandchildren stories about how you witnessed Conor's KO of Aldo live, or how you witnessed Conor destroying this Russian boogieman called Khabib, winning 3 belts, etc etc

Last edited:

Conor McGregor's dad Tony McGregor revealed on ESPN's Helwani show that Conor's second child is due in early January next year. He added that McGregor will be absent from competition after the Khabib fight regardless of the results due to the birth of the second child.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/mma/ufc...in-will-have-their-second-child-in-early-2019
--------------
Eh, not sure I want him to win anymore if he's gonna be gone for a year again.

Where did Tony say that "..McGregor will be absent from competition after the Khabib fight regardless of the results due to the birth of the second child."
Looks like the author of the article took Golightly's speculation as a fact and didn't bother to listen to the interview.

Well we better all start rooting for Pettis

Because if Tony wins we all know Tony vs Khabib isn't happening

Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me.... 4 times now? Shame on you two, you tiramisu eating, pole kicking idiots. I just want to see you try and kill each other for my entertainment is that so much to ask?

Funny seeing all the "this is Conor's last fight" post
I remembered all the "that was Conor's last fight" post after Mayweather & all the "he will never sign to fight Khabib" post.

I don't expect him to come back after that.

He would be 32 and filthy rich. He said he wanted to retire young and wealthy, 32+ wouldn't be so young anymore. Especially with the incentive of UFC stock, his whiskey, suits, and various other ventures he could make money from.

I am going to watch UFC 229 as if it's the last time I see Conor fight. As should everyone else.

He's never going to leave the pay day of Nate 3 on the table. That will be his last fight because it won't matter if he's lost, the fight would sell itself.

He said he was going to retire young many times. That's why I said 32 isn't so young anymore.

Roy Jones, Mayweather, Bernard Hopkins all said they were going to retire young.

I can't think off the top of my head for MMA, but I remember a few big names saying they would retire young as well (and they didn't). Only ones who follow through are women I think - Rousey and Carano. So yeah, I could believe it if Conor was a woman.

Yeah, fire way.

When Dustin dominates Nate that trilogy will get flushed down the toilet.

And on the off chance Nate actually pulls out the win against Poirier, and a trilogy fight does go forward, it will NOT be under the UFC banner but within a stand-alone, self-promoted model similar to Paul/KSI. Far, far more money to be made for both Nate and McG.
Maybe. I'd be interested to see the bullet points of Conor's new contract. All for compelling fights outside of the UFC, it is good for the sport too.

I could see him fighting on the new year's eve card, but I don't expect it. He has a kid now and Christmas will be up during fight week. Otherwise, the earliest he'd be fighting again anyways is March. I believe he will fight again then against Nate or Tony a couple months after the second-in-line is born.

He doesn't turn 31 until July 2019 and he's got money fights of Nate Diaz and GSP waiting in the wings.

I was a year off my bad. And yeah his multifight contract is in the news now. Didn't see it.

He's never going to leave the pay day of Nate 3 on the table. That will be his last fight because it won't matter if he's lost, the fight would sell itself.

He just signed a 6 fight deal I wasn't aware of.

I was a year off my bad. And yeah his multifight contract is in the news now. Didn't see it.

The 6 fight contract doesn't mean he can't retire and/or still pick & choose his fights as well as renegotiate for more money each fight.
It means he cannot do anything in MMA/Boxing/WWE without UFC.

Back