Willie Nelson being boycotted by MAGAs for endorsing Beto O'Rouke.

Sorry for being off-topic, but I'm over here wodering why this dude calling himself 'Beto' when his name is Robert

Kind of dumb to do the same thing many of them chide the left for; better to just say "Willy I love ya', but I wish you'd stay away from politics in public" or "I love ya' but disagree with you" if they are really fans that is.

Because you are posting in a thread about him, while being tracked by google and facebook. not exactly tough to figure out
How did FB and Google know I was going to post on a thread about him two weeks ago?

How can anyone vote for Ted Cruz?

Ted is the dictionary definition of a cuck, he's like a shriveled, limp penis of a human being. He just seems like a person with literally not a single conviction, someone who conforms to whatever set of constraints can keep him in power. A lot of politicians are like this but I can't come up with even one single hard line, one principle that Cruz would take that he can't be convinced to abandon in under 10 minutes

Kind of dumb to do the same thing many of them chide the left for; better to just say "Willy I love ya', but I wish you'd stay away from politics in public" or "I love ya' but disagree with you" if they are really fans that is.
I strongly agree. The sad fact is that this kind of illiberal reaction is effective.

I hate that every aspect of our lives has been polluted by politics.
If you dig an artist, WTF does it matter who he or she votes for?
Goddamn, put politics aside and just enjoy life a little for fuck sake.

Why does it matter? Because when you're insecure about your political convictions you can be rattled by any external opposing opinion, and it hurts doubly if it comes from someone you see as superior or admire in some way. That's why these whiny bitches cry about how athletes and celebrities should "stick to their bidness" and shut up about politics, ignoring the fact that they, like us, are - surprise! - human beings with political opinions and the freedom to voice them (and, not infrequently, with better understanding of political issues in question). What they really despise is the fact that athletes' and celebrities' platform for speaking about their opinions is more visible than theirs so they feel like their own voice is made less significant by that token, which is entirely irrational, but whatever. The whole mentality behind "jus SHUT UP and do ur job!" is cuck mentality

Willie yawns and laughs.
It's not like this wasn't a huge middle finger to them intentionally.
I'm with Willie.

Sorry for being off-topic, but I'm over here wodering why this dude calling himself 'Beto' when his name is Robert

Childhood nickname. Kinda like how Rafael Cruz can somehow call himself Ted. Must be a canadian thing.

Just say you think boycotts are weak and retarded if that's what you think. You're trying to hedge it and say why left wing boycotts are awesome and right wing boycotts are stupid. Are you for boycotts or not?

There's a lot to digest in such a short post.

Why do right wingers like yourself have to always boil topics down to extremes one way or the other? No, not all boycotts are good. And no, not all boycotts are bad. Try to apply some critical thinking here.

Did you look at some of the reasons on the list you provided for boycotts, compared to the list I provided. If not, allow me to assist.

Here are a couple of the "progressive left wing cry baby" boycotts cited in one of your sources.

Tate and Lyle

Category: Human rights
Called by: Clean Sugar Campaign

Human rights campaigners in Asia are calling for a boycott of sugar company Tate & Lyle over land rights abuses in Cambodia. Activists say that sugar produced on land confiscated by the Cambodian government and handed over to plantation owners is being sold by Tate & Lyle in the UK, Europe and US.

Nokia Siemens

Category: Arms & Military Supply, Human Rights
Called by: Boycott Nokia Siemens

The company provided the Iranian regime with a "monitoring center" that enables security forces to tap cell phones, scramble text-messages, and interrupt calls. Nokia's new surveillance system has enhanced the regime's ability to crack down on dissent during recent protests. See the pledge page for information.

Compared to some of the Right Wing crybaby boycott reasons.

Ben & Jerry’s
Spoke against Trump's travel ban and supported the domestic terrorist group, Black Lives Matter

Celebrity Cruises
Created anti-Trump advertisement

Yeah a human rights abuse is a good reason to boycott. Someone saying something about Trump is a snowflake reasaon to boycott. Were some of the progressive boycotts bitchy and petty, or too vague? Sure. But the overwhelming thing in common with all the right wing boycotts is based on someone saying something you disagree with.

So again, right wing boycotts are overwhelmingly whiny, petty and bitchy and based around personality cults of Trump or other right wing figures like Laura Ingraham:

Blue Apron
Pulled their advertising from Laura Ingraham's program because she dared criticize gun-control darling, David Hogg.
or Hannity.

Volvo
Pulled their advertising from Sean Hannity's program

14 out of 49 right wing boycotts were based on pulling advertising from Laura Ingraham's show. Five out of 49 were simply because the company criticized Trump. How many "progressive" boycotts from your source were because the company criticized Obama?

I still rank Paul Ryan worse than Cruz. Not t by much but still worse

Well, Paul Ryan has more influence and power so he's more visible but Cruz is unquestionably more sinister. He's actually scary.

Ryan is just your average Chamber of Commerce conservative that wants to pay less taxes and doesn't care what happens because of it. Socially, he's actually fairly moderate but often flirts with the far-right to keep his base happy.

Cruz is a genuine theocrat and authoritarian. We're all lucky he's not more charismatic because we'd be in some deep shit if he was actually prez. He's like an even worse Dick Cheney.

Ted is the dictionary definition of a cuck, he's like a shriveled, limp penis of a human being. He just seems like a person with literally not a single conviction, someone who conforms to whatever set of constraints can keep him in power. A lot of politicians are like this but I can't come up with even one single hard line, one principle that Cruz would take that he can't be convinced to abandon in under 10 minutes

We all have this glorious image-

CruzSad1.png

of Ted in our minds that makes us think that he's this flip flopper who changes stances in order stay in power. But he's actually pretty consistent in his political outlook. He is completely undignified in his personal issues (phone banking for a dude that insulted your wife and father) but politically, he's pretty solid.

If I was a right-wing religious fascist, he'd be my hero. He's as solid as they come.

There's a lot to digest in such a short post.

Why do right wingers like yourself have to always boil topics down to extremes one way or the other? No, not all boycotts are good. And no, not all boycotts are bad. Try to apply some critical thinking here.

Did you look at some of the reasons on the list you provided for boycotts, compared to the list I provided. If not, allow me to assist.

Here are a couple of the "progressive left wing cry baby" boycotts cited in one of your sources.

Compared to some of the Right Wing crybaby boycott reasons.

Yeah a human rights abuse is a good reason to boycott. Someone saying something about Trump is a snowflake reasaon to boycott. Were some of the progressive boycotts bitchy and petty, or too vague? Sure. But the overwhelming thing in common with all the right wing boycotts is based on someone saying something you disagree with.

So again, right wing boycotts are overwhelmingly whiny, petty and bitchy and based around personality cults of Trump or other right wing figures like Laura Ingraham:

or Hannity.

14 out of 49 right wing boycotts were based on pulling advertising from Laura Ingraham's show. Five out of 49 were simply because the company criticized Trump. How many "progressive" boycotts from your source were because the company criticized Obama?
Huh? You just said only 5 of 49 were for that reason. The Laura Ingram ones were a response to the left wing boycott of sponsors because she dared criticize some random kid who wanted to be a political celebrity.

Here are 11 more that exist simply because the companies aren't blatantly anti-Trump. Ivanka Trump didn't even do anything, but we're all supposed to boycott places that sell her clothing line.
http://tsuradio.tnstate.edu/2017/01...-to-boycott-if-you-dont-support-donald-trump/

Most of the left wing boycotts are simply because the company sponsors or advertises on a show they disagree with. There are also boycotts over a company having employees buy their own birth control and for voting republican. The list of legitimate reasons to boycott a company is pretty small and neither the left nor the right have many boycotts that fall into those categories.

Cruz is the biggest bitch around. Trump planted a story about Cruz having an affair in the National Enquirer. The same Enquirer that has buried stories about Trump's mistresses, Trump's abortions and Trumps illegitmate children. Then Cruz turns around and supports Trump. I would have punched the Orange Fat Ass, if he tried to pull that bullshit with me and my wife. I would not vote for Cruz because I don't vote for pussies.

Do any Sherdoggers participate in boycotts of any kind?

The Trumptard boycott of Willie Nelson will be just as successful as the Trumptard boycott of Nike.

They boycotted Eminem too
Nice save. The left has recently boycotted the 2 fast food chains with reputations for the absolute best employee treatment(chik-fil-a and in and out) in the entire industry just for not being democrats. Threatening to boycott sponsors if a show or host isn't taken off the air is a regular thing. They tried to boycott the entire state of NC over tranny bathroom problems ffs.

You wanna maybe provide a link for any of the ones you've listed? I don't recall any of those, and they didn't do any harm to any of those places, so it obviously wasn't any significant boycott.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-boycott-retailers-sell-trump-products-2017-1

https://grabyourwallet.org/

they did boycott NC and it worked, even the NCAA got in on that telling NC there wouldn't be a single NCAA championship held anywhere in NC

Back