Willie Monroe Jr vs Billy Joe Saunders Saturday?

Another very unimpressive defense for Saunders. All of his recent fights have been drawish. Fight was there for Monroe to win, but he wasn't good enough.

117-111
117-112 are pretty bad scores but BJS didn't lose his belt so im fine with this.

I am not really sure how Monroe thought he was going to win that fight.. Maybe even in America though.

Last edited:
BJS - 'I like waiting but he LOVED waiting', I guess that pretty much sums the fight up.

As much of a piece of shit as BJS is, he was right about Monroe.....ZERO heart.

That said, BJS looked like shit. Charlo or Jacobs would demolish his ass, i hope one of them gets a crack at him.

Pretty astonishing that GGG turned down the last belt he needed and decided not to fight this chump so he could rest and focus on Canelo.

I am hoping that decision makes him fresh for tonight's epic match.

Otherwise he turned down true unification for nothing.

I dont know what certain fighters are thinking. Monroe had a real chance to win and just seemed to freeze up. He lost a lot of money in future earnings losing this fight.

Pretty astonishing that GGG turned down the last belt he needed and decided not to fight this chump so he could rest and focus on Canelo.

I am hoping that decision makes him fresh for tonight's epic match.

Otherwise he turned down true unification for nothing.

He'll have a big fat $15M to show for it. He made the decision when his wife was pregnant, I'm sure the future of his kids factored into it. If he unified there was no guarantee the money fight would be waiting for him, you never know what might happen. In most people's eyes GGG is the undisputed MW champ anyway so he probably made the right decision.

He'll have a big fat $15M to show for it. He made the decision when his wife was pregnant, I'm sure the future of his kids factored into it. If he unified there was no guarantee the money fight would be waiting for him, you never know what might happen. In most people's eyes GGG is the undisputed MW champ anyway so he probably made the right decision.

I agree it was the right move but it just worries me a little that his trainer said no because of how beat up he was after Jacobs. I hope it was just the fight that took a toll and not him getting old.

Back