Will you be buying AC Origins?

I will definitely buy Assassin's Creed: Origins game. Assassin's Creed its one of my favorite game.

I've logged in 70 hours with beating the main story line around the 65 hour mark. i have all the god weapons along with the anubis suit with all the war elephants taken down.

So, after nearly 100 hours I've clearly decided I love this game lol, it's definitely a slow burner but it's well worth it.
It's definitely a new direction for the series, one I'm not sure it needed as I loved the last 2, but this game is a gem and a pleasant change from the bullshit 6 hour solo campaigns that games like call of duty have taught people to accept. I definitely feel this game has been value for money, I have no real interest in online gaming and its great to see a developer making a proper single player focussed game.

I gotta say I am kinda back and fourth on the game , it looks amazing but this story is boring so far( not sure how you make ancient egypt boring) and missions are repetitive even by AC standards. I am at level 18 now and I basically keep steering away from the story and having to keep tasking myself to complete missions because exploration is much more compelling at this point but even that is stymied to some degree by the leveling. Really I think everything is there for a great game but the game gets in it's own way of being as much fun as it should be. I am going to trooper on in hopes of really getting into this game.

So, after nearly 100 hours I've clearly decided I love this game lol, it's definitely a slow burner but it's well worth it.
It's definitely a new direction for the series, one I'm not sure it needed as I loved the last 2, but this game is a gem and a pleasant change from the bullshit 6 hour solo campaigns that games like call of duty have taught people to accept. I definitely feel this game has been value for money, I have no real interest in online gaming and its great to see a developer making a proper single player focussed game.

Does it have anything to link it to the other games? Like the modern day stuff? The modern day stuff kind of slacked and hobbled to it's conclusion at the end of AC3, then everything 4 on, it's been told too little to really keep it going. Some fps stuff walking around Abstergo, hearing about their product line, and seeing Assassins in plain clothes. Never know what they're doing, or why.....

Does it have anything to link it to the other games? Like the modern day stuff? The modern day stuff kind of slacked and hobbled to it's conclusion at the end of AC3, then everything 4 on, it's been told too little to really keep it going. Some fps stuff walking around Abstergo, hearing about their product line, and seeing Assassins in plain clothes. Never know what they're doing, or why.....

There’s about 10 minutes of combat and walking around in a tiny area in the present day plus some data links you can read up.

Did they get rid of the animus thing?

There’s about 10 minutes of combat and walking around in a tiny area in the present day plus some data links you can read up.

Ugh, the interplay between the present day stuff, the abstergo mysteries (like the ending of the glyph puzzles in AC2) and the animus simulations was what drew me to the series when AC1 dropped.

Ugh, the interplay between the present day stuff, the abstergo mysteries (like the ending of the glyph puzzles in AC2) and the animus simulations was what drew me to the series when AC1 dropped.

Well there are glyph puzzles with lights and shit

I'm at level 18 now and it's a solid game, though I feel despite the window dressing of "new" things it's still very much the same old Assassins Creed underneath it all.

I suppose I'm disappointed that they refuse to invest anything in the actual "Assassin" part of the game. There are literally auto-detect portions of this game which are INCREDIBLY frustrating.

They tried to revamp the combat but I find it very clunky. It's mediocre in both 1 on 1 and 1 vs Many scenarios. If they are going to ignore the assassination game play, then I'd hope they excel at either of the other types of combat but they do not.

Side missions are generally the same old shit so far. Slightly better than the previous installments but grossly inferior to the top open world games available for the past few years.

That said the game is absolutely beautiful. The lighting, water, and color effects are amazing. I'm not even playing it in 4k and you can immediately see how great it is.

Story seems interesting albeit a little derivative. The gave me a nice little curve ball I didn't see coming which I enjoyed.

Overall I'd give it a 7/10. It's a well-made game but in my opinion they are quietly falling behind the curve with this franchise and just halfheartedly jacking components from other games now.

The Far Cry 3 ripple effect has made a lot of Ubisoft games worse. The outpost mechanic introduced back then is here to stay since then, every Ubi open-world game has them, and they're repetitively boring.

Replace those with something else, even open spaces with hints of a quest and their games become so much better. Hundreds of outposts in these games. Otherwise Origins is top notch.

The Far Cry 3 ripple effect has made a lot of Ubisoft games worse. The outpost mechanic introduced back then is here to stay since then, every Ubi open-world game has them, and they're repetitively boring.

Replace those with something else, even open spaces with hints of a quest and their games become so much better. Hundreds of outposts in these games. Otherwise Origins is top notch.

They even screwed up the loot/reward system which could have actually given incentive to you to go to these outposts and liberate them.

If you pay attention you can see other games in this space pulling well ahead of the Assassin's Creed franchise. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see the next A.C. game have some sort of "nemesis" system that they implement.

They even screwed up the loot/reward system which could have actually given incentive to you to go to these outposts and liberate them.

If you pay attention you can see other games in this space pulling well ahead of the Assassin's Creed franchise. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see the next A.C. game have some sort of "nemesis" system that they implement.

I'm about halfway through this (huuuge) game and at the start, like in every Ubi game, the newness makes the outpost liberation OK, also introduces you to gameplay mechanics, options of approach, but if I look at the map there's probably close to a hundred outpost-type places with the same objectives, low exp and usually throwaway loot. Then you have good stuff like the Pyramids, some well thought-out side quests and the Papyrus "treasure maps". But their outpost design is the easiest, cheapest way to quickly cram up a huge world and forget the good stuff because of constant repetition.

The Nemesis system would work so well for this franchise. Basically manipulate lower ranks to get to your target. I remember Shadow of Mordor being called the AC that should've been, and with their track record they'll probably copy this mechanic too, like they've done with some elements of Zelda & GTA (with Witcher 3 being the template for Origins).

60 hours in.

Playing the game as Aya is such BULLSHIT!!!

Why the fuck should I play this game as Aya when i spent the majority of the game building up the character I want in my own particular way? What is this pro-feminist bullshit? Putting her in a Boss Battle no less?

I just turn the game to Easy difficulty in playing this Aya bitch.

Oh and the non-sense story - number one bullshit. All I do is skip through it. I don't need the fake history lesson. Stupid writers.

Grab an unique weapon, upgrade it constantly. Loot is utterly fucked in this otherwise fine game.

SoW doesn’t have the same problem because even legendary weapons can be worse than the ones you find on the way.

Done with the game. What else is there to do? I have killed all Phylakes already, lol.

This game is awesome, it is huge and long, but worth it. The ending sucked though, ot seemed too typical for AC.

Back