Will Wonderboy vs Till go down like Edgar vs Yair?

no he isnt lol
It's way too early to call Darren Till the best striker in the Welterweight division. He may very well starch Thompson and outclass him completely but for you to sit there and be 100% sure that Darren will have the striking edge over a guy like Thompson in a MMA fight is ridicoulus. Everyone asked you to give some logic behind your statement and you've been outclassed in the debate so far. Stop with the childish reasoning and try to explain what you see that makes you so sure that Thompson will be outclassed.

It's way too early to call Darren Till the best striker in the Welterweight division. He may very well starch Thompson and outclass him completely but for you to sit there and be 100% sure that Darren will have the striking edge over a guy like Thompson in a MMA fight is ridicoulus. Everyone asked you to give some logic behind your statement and you've been outclassed in the debate so far. Stop with the childish reasoning and try to explain what you see that makes you so sure that Thompson will be outclassed.
outclassed? Ive explained in detail why I believe Till will win, only one other poster has offered anything back of any relevance. you havent even been a part of the "debate" kiddo, so less of the nonsense lol

why is till a bad matchup for wonderboy?

His understanding of angles, distance, feints & timing is on whole another level than any fighter Wonderboy has ever faced on UFC. Till is going to knock him out at first round, mark my words.

Last edited:
Lord Till is gonna show Wonderboy what Ong Bak is all about.

His understanding of angles, distance, feints & timing is on whole another level than any fighter Wonderboy has ever faced on UFC. Till is going to knock him out at first round, mark my words.

meh this gave me no insight.

I do think that Till has some of the best elbows in the UFC and would do a lot of damage if he can take WB down. He's also much better in the clinch.
In the standup... I dont really see Till using lateral steps to create angles. He's good at closing distance and maintaining distance as his footwork is fast, but he mainly just goes in a straight line. Wonderboy's angles might counter this.

Wonderboy has better footwork but he has holes in his boxing. After a few Darren Till leg kicks, we'll see how that footwork holds up. Wonderboys sideways stance makes his lead leg a huge target for Thai fighters.

This fight is not Barao vs Dillashaw.

Barao was not a real Muay Thai striker on Till's level and Dillashaw is not a karate fighter.

And you assume wonderboy won't counter till's leg kicks. Wonderboy has been dealing with leg kicks just fine for years. And no, TJ isn't a karate fighter, but he and wonderboy use shifting very similarly and will change stance mid combo in order to create a new angle to attack or evade from. They have a lot in common when it comes to footwork and they're both ambidextrous.

Last edited:
meh this gave me no insight.

I do think that Till has some of the best elbows in the UFC and would do a lot of damage if he can take WB down. He's also much better in the clinch.
In the standup... I dont really see Till using lateral steps to create angles. He's good at closing distance and maintaining distance as his footwork is fast, but he mainly just goes in a straight line. Wonderboy's angles might counter this.

We will see what happens. I think that Till will land that big accuracy left hand constantly against Wonderboy hands down defense. Feeling really confident about it and will place 100€ for first round KO.

We will see what happens. I think that Till will land that big accuracy left hand constantly against Wonderboy hands down defense. Feeling really confident about it and will place 100€ for first round KO.

True. He closes distance really fast so if he can drop Wondeyboy and go in his guard, he'll finish him with elbows. The way his shoulder turns over like it does is something special.

And you assume wonderboy won't counter till's leg kicks. Wonderboy has been dealing with leg kicks just fine for years. And no, TJ isn't a karate fighter, but he and wonderboy use shifting very similarly and will change stance mid combo in order to create a new angle to attack or evade from. They have a lot in common when it comes to footwork and they're both ambidextrous.

Wonderboy has never fought a Muay Thai fighter like Darren Till before. And Muay Thai is generally kryptonite for Karate.

Of course the skill of the practitioners will make the difference, but I will not be surprised if Till dominates or finishes Wonderboy. On paper, this is a great match up for him.

Woodley was the reason those fights were boring, not Thompson

So in two fights Woodley got the dynamic electric exciting striker to fight his fight, the aim of every fighter.

what needs elaboration? he has more tools, better boxer, thai boxer. All Wonderboy has better is footwork and kicks. Wont help him as Till will cut him off and pressure him. Wonderboy needs distance and Till wont give him it

Muay thai: hands, feet, elbows, & knees > Karate: hands & feet

That is such an empty answer. What are these "more tools" that he possess? A powerful left hand and some elbows? Wonderboy has more options in his lead leg alone than till has with both arms.

And if Till takes away that distance by pressuring and fighting right in WB's chest what good is that lead leg when you now gotta deal with a powerful left hand and some elbows...

Wonderboy has never fought a Muay Thai fighter like Darren Till before. And Muay Thai is generally kryptonite for Karate.

Of course the skill of the practitioners will make the difference, but I will not be surprised if Till dominates or finishes Wonderboy. On paper, this is a great match up for him.

Wonderboy has been training muay thai for at least 6 years now. So it's not like It's automatically his kryptonite. I'd argue that Wonderboy has seen a lot of guys similar to Till in his years of training, whereas Till probably hasn't seen many guys like Thomson.

Here's a quick excerpt of an interview with Thompson from six years ago

What is your opinion about muay Thai? Would you ever study it? Do you feel like you need it to compliment your game at this level?

Stephen Thompson: Oh, definitely. I've got a muay Thai coach here. Even though my striking is a little different and my stance is different, it's good to know all aspects of the game and you've got a lot of guys who, their stand-up is muay Thai, which is a lot different than my style. Just the knees and elbows and the clinchwork, that's just an art in its own. I've got a muay Thai coach. We work in the clinch. We work knees, we work elbows, we work defense so it's different. Actually, I like it because I like to know all aspects of the MMA game.

wonderboy will be prepared. He's an all around more experienced mma striker.

Wonderboy is the man but if he wins we’re fucked. Another ww prospect will have to be rushed to fight an elite fighter

He's an all around more experienced mma striker.

And other than footwork, that is the only thing that he has on his side in this matchup, IMO.

The fact that he's been training Muay Thai for 6 years doesn't mean much, because Darren Till has been training it for 13, and has been doing it since the age of 12.

At the end of the day Darren Till is still a Muay Thai fighter, and Wonderboy is still a Karate fighter. Its evident when you watch them fight. Wonderboy still fights in his karate stance, which leaves his lead leg exposed to leg kicks, and he still will get dominated in the clinch if it ends up there because Till has much more experience there. Stylistically, Till presents the hardest fight for Wonderboy in the division IMO other than Woodley.

The only reason I wouldn't bet on Till is because like you said, Wonderboy is overall much more experienced in MMA.

And other than footwork, that is the only thing that he has on his side in this matchup, IMO.

The fact that he's been training Muay Thai for 6 years doesn't mean much, because Darren Till has been training it for 13, and has been doing it since the age of 12.

At the end of the day Darren Till is still a Muay Thai fighter, and Wonderboy is still a Karate fighter. Its evident when you watch them fight. Wonderboy still fights in his karate stance, which leaves his lead leg exposed to leg kicks, and he still will get dominated in the clinch if it ends up there because Till has much more experience there. Stylistically, Till presents the hardest fight for Wonderboy in the division IMO other than Woodley.

The only reason I wouldn't bet on Till is because like you said, Wonderboy is overall much more experienced in MMA.

You missed my point. Wonderboy has been having to deal with muay thai for a long time. How long has Tilll been dealing with with shifting blitzes?how long has he been dealing with a guy who can fight in a neutral stance, a southpaw paw stance and traditional stance? somebody with the lead leg dexterity of Thompson? I doubt he's been preparing for that style very long at all.

Thompson is much harder to prepare for. Wonderboy has had muay thai drilled in him for years, but Till has not had karate drilled in him for years. Thompson will have a better idea of what to expect than Till will.

Last edited:
You missed my point. Wonderboy has been having to deal with muay thai for a long time. How long has Tilll been dealing with with shifting blitzes?how long has he been dealing with a guy who can fight in a neutral stance, a southpaw paw stance and traditional stance? somebody with the lead leg dexterity of Thompson? I doubt he's been preparing for that style very long at all.

Thompson is much harder to prepare for. Wonderboy has had muay thai drilled in him for years, but Till has not had karate drilled in him for years. Thompson will have a better idea of what to expect than Till will.

Again, this does not mean much IMO. It still remains much easier for a Muay Thai fighter to fight a Karate fighter than it is for a Karate fighter to fight a Muay Thai fighter.

With constant pressure, blitzes and Wonderboy's lead leg will be rendered useless. Wonderboy needs distance to work, and if Till stays in his face with his guard up and constant leg kicks, its going to be a long night for Wonderboy. Wonderboy will need to be constantly moving and changing direction to win this fight, because if Till can cut off the cage then its going to get ugly.

Plus, its not like Wonderboy has ever really proven himself against a Muay Thai fighter before. He's never fought a real Muay Thai fighter in his life.

Till's style is just as much of a question mark for Wonderboy as Wonderboy's is for him. They've never fought anybody like each other.

But, what history shows is that Muay Thai beats Karate.

why is till a bad matchup for wonderboy?
Till is a enormous welterweight, so Thompson size and reach advantage that he usually has goes away. In fact, he's probably gonna be on a strength disadvantage there, which could be shockingly meaningful on the clinch.

Thompson also relies too much on footwork when it comes to his defensive game, and his lateral movement is pretty good i must say, but he gets trapped very often against the fence, if he doesn't fix that, it could get him in trouble against a pressure fighter who is explosive enough to close the distance fast like Till.

Like has already been said here, i think Till's low kicks will be very substantial in the fight, because Thompson lead leg is always there asking for damage, and IIRC Cote and Burrell had some success doing that. Till has by far the best low kicks of the guys Thompson fought, and i'd go forward and say he's the best striker Thompson has ever fought, in any combat sport. I don't think Thompson can keep the distance and avoid the in-fighting, which will be all Till, with elbows, knees, a very effective dirty boxing game etc

Wonderboy has some haters!!!!

You pussies are gonna be so butthurt when he cruises to an easy win

Back