Will Wonderboy vs Till go down like Edgar vs Yair?

range, pressure, footwork are three off the top of my head. the person who controls those aspects tends to control the fight
Wonderboy is better at all 3 of those. See every striking match he's ever been in

Oh okay I see, then this is just a semantics issue
To me cage control and footwork are synonymous because range and pressure are just aspects of footwork along with movement. To me footwork is just effectively positioning yourself to maximize your offense while hopefully minimizing your opponents.

For example, Jose Aldo has far better footwork than Franke Edgar, but my assumption is that you'd probably argue that Frankie has better footwork but Aldo has better cage control (that might not be true, but you gather from my example where the difference lies)

carry on, I was just curious
lol Im so not used to non-confrontational replies on sherdog :p

Cerrone isn't as past prime as BJ, he just sucks against southpaws with good hands.

landing a punch on a person doesnt mean you used boxing, and yes Till has far better boxing than Wonderboy.

you are clearly an idiot if you think Wonderboy "outboxed" Rory and Masvidal lol
He didn’t? Damn, you always find a way to make yourself like an imbecile{<jordan}

‘Landing a punch doesnt mean you used boxing’ yeah you’re right, he used kicking {<jordan}{<jordan}

He didn’t? Damn, you always find a way to make yourself like an imbecile{<jordan}

‘Landing a punch doesnt mean you used boxing’ yeah you’re right, he used kicking {<jordan}{<jordan}
lol you really are pretty simple arent you?

what needs elaboration? he has more tools, better boxer, thai boxer. All Wonderboy has better is footwork and kicks. Wont help him as Till will cut him off and pressure him. Wonderboy needs distance and Till wont give him it
When you try to pressure Thompson
UnpleasantWhimsicalGalapagosdove-max-1mb.gif

no thats what happens if you stand off Thompson
Masvidal tried pressuring Thompson for 3 rounds and lost every one. Maybe you should rewatch that fight, bc that's what this Till fight is gonna look like.

Masvidal tried pressuring Thompson for 3 rounds and lost every one. Maybe you should rewatch that fight, bc that's what this Till fight is gonna look like.
he wasnt pressuring shit in that gif though

and Till isnt Masvidal, he's a far more experienced striker

Till will make it interesting I think. If he’s got a chin he’ll eat some shots from WB to land a big one on him, he’s the harder puncher of the 2

No because the styles are completely different.

Frankies wrestling was kryptonite for Yairs TKD.

Whereas on paper, Darren Tills Muay Thai should be a very hard match up for Wonderboys karate.

You said it yourself, wonderboy has the better footwork, so I don't understand how till will use his vast array of basic muay Thai tools when wonderboy is out positioning him all night, but I guess we'll see.

I think this looks like the WW version of TJ vs Barao.

Wonderboy has better footwork but he has holes in his boxing. After a few Darren Till leg kicks, we'll see how that footwork holds up. Wonderboys sideways stance makes his lead leg a huge target for Thai fighters.

This fight is not Barao vs Dillashaw.

Barao was not a real Muay Thai striker on Till's level and Dillashaw is not a karate fighter.

Back