Will we see Wanderlei fight again?

Rudeboyben84

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
As a fan I wished he had of retired after the Stann win. It was a perfect ending to a great career.

It was sad to see an out of shape Wanderlei get taken down at will and dominated by a fighter like Sonnen.

I'd imagine any good wrestler will do the same against him. His chin is shot and his speed has left him, a striker like Manhoef who isn't going to take him down will hospitalise him.

The only fight that makes sense to me in Bellator is against Fedor. Both coming off a loss and both totally and utterly shot fighters. It's Perfect for Bellators seniors league and both are huge names. Honestly I'd expect Fedor to stomp him though.

Looking at the shape he was in physically really makes me think his best chance to finish on a high is to go to Japan, get back on the gear and fight much lesser opposition.

Anyone heard anything on his current situation?

I'd say put him against Liam after he loses a boring decision to King Mo.

Retire or fight Fedor, Manhouf, and/or Krazy Horse. They're all past their prime, but would put on a show.

Can safely say in 2017 I've got no interest in Wand

Fedor still is fast, not as fast as he used to be obviously, and Wand ... he's nothing like he used to be, he doesn't even look like Wanderlei. I think Fedor would win easily but I don't want to see this fight they should both retire.

I got no interest in him other than that FELONY Charles Bennett fight that got hyped up in Rizin.

Better question might be, will he ever stop fighting?

He dropped Chael a couple of times, I'd like to see him better supplemented vs an older striker.

Maybe get Leben out of retirement for a rematch.

Of course Coker will have in that cage again and chances are before the end of the year.

Next time out though he'll be matched up with some one that will stand.

I'm sure. He didn't look bad against Chael. He and his team even said they liked the way he fought and looked. Wand has been inactive for a few years since the Sonnen fight so I'm sure Wand will fight for a little bit longer.

He dropped Chael a couple of times, I'd like to see him better supplemented vs an older striker.

Maybe get Leben out of retirement for a rematch.
I like this one too, if Leben is healthy enough.

Wand was my fav fighter for a looooong time.
That has slipped over the years...

With that said, any fight he takes right now is a circus match.

Back