Will we ever see another fighter like prime Anderson Silva?

People always forget Anderson Silva had some fucking stinking fights, he was good when you played into his game like Forest, but there were also times like against Maia when they didn't play into his game he had no way of finishing the fight.
During his UFC win streak only 2 of 16 sucked. That's a good ratio.
But yeah, Andy fought Leites and Maia like Takase and Chonan scarred him for life.

A totally overrated fighter laughably promoted as the best by the UFC?

Nope....We've never seen that before....

A totally overrated fighter laughably promoted as the best by the UFC?

Nope....We've never seen that before....

Went the distance with the LHW champ and hurt him.. On a day's notice.

Totally overrated. Pfff

Went the distance with the LHW champ and hurt him.. On a day's notice.

Totally overrated. Pfff

Yes....Totally.

And this post could not be a better example of how laughably overrated he is by certain fans such as yourself....

You're trying to gloat over him surviving 15 minutes of getting dominated like a child in which his opponent took it really easy on him because he felt bad for him....And wait....IN the final 5 seconds he landed a freak kick and kinda hurt DC a little bit, and was able to do absolutely nothing to follow up other than get wrapped up like a kid and unable to do anything. Amazing! See he's not overrated at all....

I've had to deal with the retardation for a long time.

So yes...He's totally overrated to a laughable degree. It's not only embarrassing, it's insulting to those who actually value MMA.

This is not to say he wasn't a great fighter. He certainly was...Just refrain from continuing to embarrass yourselves by pretending he's something he never was. The UFC's promotion ended a while ago, and they already feel dumb enough for going along with it. You should do the same.

Yes....Totally.

And this post could not be a better example of how laughably overrated he is by certain fans such as yourself....

You're trying to gloat over him surviving 15 minutes of getting dominated like a child in which his opponent took it really easy on him because he felt bad for him....And wait....IN the final 5 seconds he landed a freak kick and kinda hurt DC a little bit, and was able to do absolutely nothing to follow up other than get wrapped up like a kid and unable to do anything. Amazing! See he's not overrated at all....

I've had to deal with the retardation for a long time.

So yes...He's totally overrated to a laughable degree. It's not only embarrassing, it's insulting to those who actually value MMA.

This is not to say he wasn't a great fighter. He certainly was...Just refrain from continuing to embarrass yourselves by pretending he's something he never was. The UFC's promotion ended a while ago, and they already feel dumb enough for going along with it. You should do the same.
Chose another sport.

Hes super disrespected now for the PEDs he used once he went past his prime. I get it.

But...Can people who got to watch him live really tell me theres another fighter that can do what he could?

The way he slipped punches, purposely backed to the cage and toyed with opponents, and landed power shots off odd angles.

Hes the UFC GOAT.

Never.

Prime Anderson Silva is the GOAT MMA striker and he KOd most of his MW record 10 title defenses in less than 2 rounds.

Anderson also KOd his 3 LHW fights in less than 1 round.

What’s the consensus?

View attachment 324581
God.

Poor Rich.

Guy had no idea what he was getting into.

Maybe? but I think it's much harder to achieve now cause the competition got better overall. You wont outclass everyone looking like you are from another dimension anymore. Top level strikers like Wonderboy or Rodriguez get shut down by wellrounded wrestlers.
MM might be up there but in a shallow division. And he refused to face Dilashaw so far.
I believe McGregor could've been if he stayed at 145 and occasionally took favorable fights at 155. But at 155 he gets mauled by Khabib and likely by Tony and Lee as well. So he just makes money and refuses to defend. Sad.
Jones been unbeatable at 205 and had phenomenal skills and creativity to pull off moves like Anderson did sometimes. And he could go up and beat some heavies.
But he ruined his legacy and career himself.

snobby-no.gif

Anderson can't strike going forward. see Maia, Leites fights as an example. Bisping also dropped him when Anderson was going forward

With the way MMA is evolving and more crackdown from USADA I think the style of dominance that Anderson displayed would be a rarity. Conor has potential, especially if he stayed at 145. Everyone thought Pettis would do it, but looked what happened. Even Wonderboy and Rockhold to an extent.

IMO though the most convincing dominant champ would have to go to Jon Jones though with the exception of DJ and maybe Jose Aldo at his prime.

Back