Will we ever see another fighter like prime Anderson Silva?

Maybe? He had an amazing aura, close even to prime Tyson... We can only hope.

Never again. Prime Anderson won before the round started. There was such a mismatch that he could just clown around. That’s until he met the Chris. Even another champ with matching wins wouldn’t have that aura about him.

Maybe a THREE time PED cheat?
I agree.....Cheaters don't make my "All time greats List"! They deserve nothing, nada, NOT a damn thing! Now of course all the airheads will bombard me with; "Everybody does it, they all do it, blah, blah, blah...." If that is true, why do the same ones repeatedly get caught and most never get caught even once" Could it be because MOST never do it.?

If we're strictly talking about what kind of a fighter, then yes. Conor McGregor is a fighter who has similar strengths and weaknesses. And has a higher finish rate I believe.

And in terms of title defences, Mighty Mouse has already exceeded him (again with a high finish rate). And neither aforementioned fighter has ever failed for PED's once (let alone twice). And yes, it matters if they get caught or not. You can't just label everyone as guilty and paint them all with the PED brush, that's not how things work.

So going by skill-set we have much better fighters (GSP, Mighty Mouse, Aldo). Going by record and title defences we have better fighters (Mighty Mouse), going by strength of competition we have better fighters (GSP, arguably Aldo), going by flashiness/violence we have equal fighters (McGregor), and NONE of the aforementioned fighters has EVER failed a PED test. Anderson Silva should not be in the GOAT conversation. PED failures notwithstanding, his limited skill set sets him a rung below the other GOAT contenders (I believe even in his prime he would be only mediocre in current MW division).

I don't think so

But I'd like to hope so

There's hope knowing a whole generation was inspired by him

There won’t be another Androsen Silva, and I’m the guy who’s in favor of sanctioned juicing. When he was in his prime he had that unbeatable mystique mixed with the ability to end the fight without follow up groundwork while making good/great fighters look like ammies while doing it. Few guys get that aura of invincibility, now with USADA the only dominant champs we are seeing now are from fledgling divisions.

You should watch MVP over in Bellator....he does some flashy shit, too....

Yes, talented people with better training will come along. MMA talent will get better over time especially if the compensation increases.

Anderson Silva was exceptionally talented and a true master of his era. Certainly deserves to be in the GOAT conversation. However, looking back with 20/20 hind sight we know that the 185 division was not strong during his era and then there is the PED issue. Silva also sometimes decided not to engage which led to some strange rounds and sometimes entire sub-par fights. What happens to his legacy if Sonnen was smarter in that 5th round in their first meeting?

I think Jones is probably the GOAT since he never lost a fight and fought some very elite fighters. He obviously has the PED and legal issues, but its hard to deny his record in the cage. Then AS and GSP in which ever order you like. Then Mighty Mouse and his ultimate legacy needs to be consider. Fedor is up there but below those mentioned above.

no because mma has evolve alot since those days and no more bums fight for titles anymore people think when guys lose its cause they are old lol no its cause guys get better better competition

PEDs did not help Anderson with his creativity or precision......his two biggest assets in the cage. Will we see another? With time, another will come but it could be 10 years+ or it may not! He was special and the most dynamic striker we've seen in the UFC.

Any comparisons of Andy to Conor or MM are sadly mistaken. Conor has a great left. Anderson literally has finished an opponent with all 8 of limbs.....like.....A Spider! As far as striking, MM shouldn't even be in the same breath as Silva.

Plus Anderson fought in a heavier weight class multiple times....against former champs and took a fight on 48 hours notice against Cormier. Anderson has never beenassociated with ducking anyone!

No. We will never see anyone so far ahead of the rest of the field as it was with prime Anderson.

He got old. Almost overnight. But how anyone can deny that he was by far and away the most impressive fighter on the roster in any weight class is beyond me.

A lot will hate to hear it, but Conor was one of the guys to come closest to that level of dominance and brilliant striking. Conor/Brimage and Anderson/Leben had their similarities, and then dethroning Aldo was a higher regarded win than any in Anderson's career. Obviously he went on to lose his next bout, but if you had to pick a fighter from the last 5 years whose come closest to being Silva'esque, Conor isn't a bad choice.

And let's also pretend that Silva won a UFC belt in a second weight class.

That is my consensus. If you want to watch silva without his dick pils, watch the Bisping, Diaz, Brunson fights.
And he was so afraid of Kelvin's hands, that he decided to do it again.

AyYY94A.gif

Diaz fight is where he got busted, shut the fuck up if you dont know shit.

Lol @ haters they're so predictable now you can just tune them out at this point.

As for the topic I think Conor was close but not really quite there.

People always forget Anderson Silva had some fucking stinking fights, he was good when you played into his game like Forest, but there were also times like against Maia when they didn't play into his game he had no way of finishing the fight.

Back