Will we ever see another fighter like prime Anderson Silva?

‘Ever’ is a long time. Sure, eventually, it stands to reason that we will see someone with gifts and a style comparable to that of Silva.

If Michael Page starts fighting decent competition and is successful then maybe...

No we’ll never see a fraud like him again Toner

Never.

Prime Anderson Silva is the GOAT MMA striker and he KOd most of his MW record 10 title defenses in less than 2 rounds.

Anderson also KOd his 3 LHW fights in less than 1 round.

What’s the consensus?

View attachment 324581

That is my consensus. If you want to watch silva without his dick pils, watch the Bisping, Diaz, Brunson fights.
And he was so afraid of Kelvin's hands, that he decided to do it again.

AyYY94A.gif

Andy was damn exciting to watch.

DJ might be the new go-to for seeing new types of techniques and a guy way ahead of his division. When DJ/Cejudo happened I was reminded of that Anderson/Rich fight - Cejudo had a similar death look.

Last edited:
That is my consensus. If you want to watch silva without his dick pils, watch the Bisping, Diaz, Brunson fights.
And he was so afraid of Kelvin's hands, that he decided to do it again.

AyYY94A.gif

The Diaz fight is the one where he got busted for dick pills.

Call me crazy but if Darren Till keeps working hard he could produce some noise

PEDs or not, his run was very special. It's hilariously cute the McNuggets think Conor has somehow approached that.

PEDs or not, his run was very special. It's hilariously cute the McNuggets think Conor has somehow approached that.
A lot will hate to hear it, but Conor was one of the guys to come closest to that level of dominance and brilliant striking. Conor/Brimage and Anderson/Leben had their similarities, and then dethroning Aldo was a higher regarded win than any in Anderson's career. Obviously he went on to lose his next bout, but if you had to pick a fighter from the last 5 years whose come closest to being Silva'esque, Conor isn't a bad choice.

Last edited:
A lot will hate to hear it, but Conor was one of the guys to come closest to that level of dominance and brilliant striking. Conor/Brimage and Anderson/Leben had their similarities, and then dethroning Aldo was a higher regarded win than any in Anderson's career, and he did it in 13 seconds. Obviously he went on to lose his next bout, but if you had to pick a fighter whose come closest to being Silva'esque in the last 5 years, Conor isn't a bad pick.
Conor maybe exploded onto the scene in similar fashion, but the Magic was lost less from him losing to Nate and more from him not defending the title and effectively ducking contenders. What makes it worse is the irony of pre champ Conor claiming he would never be that way

I’m not saying this just as a Conor hate rant. Part of what made Silva’s run so memorable was him constantly taking on the contenders in his division

Conor maybe exploded onto the scene in similar fashion, but the Magic was lost less from him losing to Nate and more from him not defending the title and effectively ducking contenders. What makes it worse is the irony of pre champ Conor claiming he would never be that way

I’m not saying this just as a Conor hate rant. Part of what made Silva’s run so memorable was him constantly taking on the contenders in his division
Yeah I agree. With Silva it just kept going and going. If Conor lost to Nate, but still did what he did, winning the rematch and beating Alvarez, and then kept defending, there'd still be a lot of 'magic' surrounding him.

Hopefully it'll just be seen as him taking 1 year off to make more money than any MMA fighter has ever imagined, and then he'll come back in 2018.

Yeah I agree. With Silva it just kept going and going. If Conor lost to Nate, but still did what he did, winning the rematch and beating Alvarez, and then kept defending, there'd still be a lot of 'magic' surrounding him.

Hopefully it'll just be seen as him taking 1 year off to make more money than any MMA fighter has ever imagined, and then he'll come back in 2018.
He could come back and smash Ferguson and it would be back.

Back