Will we ever see a UFC Event in Africa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so, South Africa already has had an MMA commission that oversees events for years now.

There are a lot of North African countries that love wrestling but not sure of how popular MMA is.

Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda, Senegal, etc. all have the infrastructure I'm sure it's possible as well.

I think so, South Africa already has had an MMA commission that oversees events for years now.

There are a lot of North African countries that love wrestling but not sure of how popular MMA is.

Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda, Senegal, etc. all have the infrastructure I'm sure it's possible as well.

Yeah, I think South Africa is the only likely spot to hold an event. The organisation they have down there seems well run.

You sure about North Africans loving wrestling? Don't really watch it at the Olympics but it seems the Iranians, Russians and Americans dominate in that.

Yeah, I think South Africa is the only likely spot to hold an event. The organisation they have down there seems well run.

You sure about North Africans loving wrestling? Don't really watch it at the Olympics but it seems the Iranians, Russians and Americans dominate in that.

Yeah Egypt at least usually does very well in inter-African competition, as do the other North African countries like Algeria and Libya.

It's definitely not as popular as in Russia/Middle East but still has a fan base and is practiced pretty widely.

Not with refs like this...
SeparateRapidBetafish.gif

Just a curious thought.... I mean they've hit Canada, Mexico, UK, Brazil, Australia, Japan, Germany, Sweden, China, Ireland, Abu Dhabi, Croatia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Singapore, and South Korea..... So I mean they are pretty far into the international scene... So it brings up the question will they ever do a UFC Event in Africa... And if so where.... I know the reason why they haven't done it yet must be the situation in Africa... The poverty, crime rates, country civil wars... But this shit happens in other areas to... So it can't be the only thing holding them back....

Anyways...

So back to the original question........ Where could they hold an event in Africa....

Johannesburg, South Africa is the first that comes to mind... Large population... Large venue... Easy marketing...

I could see them maybe trying a Cairo, Egypt or Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.

would they try to make it a fight night type card or give them a PPV?

Also what would the fight card look like... Who could you see them getting on a UFC card in Africa...

Thoughts and opinions?

To keep it simple, it requires money to run an event that will do justice to Africa. Right now only Brave Combat Federation has the money to host an event of that magnitude. Other promotions may host one in South Africa to be on the safer side. But Brave Combat Federation can go to any nation in Africa and host an event.

They should definitely hold a card in Africa now with Ngannou and Usman, although they really wouldn't need African fighters to sell out the venue regardless.

Dana has talked about holding a card in Africa for years. South Africa specifically.

It’s gonna take a lot to drag me away from you?

There’s nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do?

To keep it simple, it requires money to run an event that will do justice to Africa. Right now only Brave Combat Federation has the money to host an event of that magnitude. Other promotions may host one in South Africa to be on the safer side. But Brave Combat Federation can go to any nation in Africa and host an event.
Why the hell did you bump this?
<Deported1>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back