Will we ever see a UFC Event in Africa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamBamBranham

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Just a curious thought.... I mean they've hit Canada, Mexico, UK, Brazil, Australia, Japan, Germany, Sweden, China, Ireland, Abu Dhabi, Croatia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Singapore, and South Korea..... So I mean they are pretty far into the international scene... So it brings up the question will they ever do a UFC Event in Africa... And if so where.... I know the reason why they haven't done it yet must be the situation in Africa... The poverty, crime rates, country civil wars... But this shit happens in other areas to... So it can't be the only thing holding them back....

Anyways...

So back to the original question........ Where could they hold an event in Africa....

Johannesburg, South Africa is the first that comes to mind... Large population... Large venue... Easy marketing...

I could see them maybe trying a Cairo, Egypt or Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.

would they try to make it a fight night type card or give them a PPV?

Also what would the fight card look like... Who could you see them getting on a UFC card in Africa...

Thoughts and opinions?

For sure. Isnt there already a south african based promotion?

JonesRumbleFakeBrawl.jpg

Maybe...but really despite the continents population..i don't think they see much money there.

I'd think India, Russia, and more frequent visits to China are on their list before even a throwaway event in say South Africa or something.

So back to the original question........ Where could they hold an event in Africa....

Johannesburg, South Africa is the first that comes to mind... Large population... Large venue... Easy marketing...

I could see them maybe trying a Cairo, Egypt or Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Egypt, really? For sure it would be in South Africa, Johannesburg or Cape Town, maybe even Durban. Nairobi (Kenia) is also a possibility.
Ngannou vs Lewis as main event

South Africa would be the first and only choice for now.

Yeah, South Africa would be a good spot.

I could certainly see an event in South Africa at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back