Will we ever have Couples that disagree politically anymore?Left/Right Dichotomy Media hype at fault

To the extent that their are actually people who consider mainstream political views a disqualifier for romance, we should acknowledge that this is really only a thing amongst one subset of people - hard left females. Who, by the way, happen to be the most annoying and undatable set to begin with so who cares anyway? I mean, is anyone really upset that some Lena Dunham doppelgänger swiped left?

Not everyone is a lunatic who can’t have a discussion with a person who disagrees with them. The people you see trending are usually the most outrageous and loudest.

with social media, people now share more of themselves publicly then ever before.

so religion and politics are more openly exchanged than they should be.

the whole point at the beginning of dating and friendships is to find common ground, and work towards coming together. (giggedy)

so ya, people these days are making it tough on themselves.

only a psycho, or someone that takes politics WAAAAYYYYY too seriously would refuse to date someone b/c they are of a different party

That's patently absurd

Yes, couples can and do still disagree.

However, disagree across the current partisan divide? No, that's largely infeasible anymore, since the Republican Party abandoned all policies that are even remotely intellectually or pragmatically defensible. Even through the GWB era, you could at least say that Republicans by and large had some principle and were making good faith efforts to craft sensible policy. Now, the entire platform is trying to loot the economy, undermine democracy, and veil it under the guise of identity politics.

It's funny because you're doing the exact same thing in this post that everyone else has agreed so far only dweebs do.

It's funny because you're doing the exact same thing in this post that everyone else has agreed so far only dweebs do.
If the shoe fits call it racist

Last edited:
polarization505px_30fps.gif

...and I don't think you're getting any closer.

I think social media has a big part to play in this. People gravitate toward (and things like Facebook tailor your feed content) news they agree with.

Makes for a polarising echo chamber.

You can, and so can I. It helps not being a tone def ideologue. Once you divorce yourself from your ego it's amazing how easily a person can digest different opinions. Oh, and realize the MSM is a for profit medium looking to profit from manufactured dumpster fire "stories".

Yup.

Back when I was a hard core liberal (yes, I was unfortunately) I was roommates with a card carrying member of the NRA and rabid GWB supporter.

we had some heated debates (always fueled by alcohol) but in the end, we were always good friends.

Again, as I mentioned in another thread, people have lost sight the point of debate/argument/conversation.

It's not about winning or losing, but rather progress, and moving forward.

Now, you have people who will never, and I mean never change their minds on any position, even if you show them irrefutable proof of their errors.

I think social media has a big part to play in this. People gravitate toward (and things like Facebook tailor your feed content) news they agree with.

Makes for a polarising echo chamber.

They also don't have compulsory voting like us, so small vocal/energised groups have a much larger impact on their political dynamic.
Our system inherently marginalises wingnuts.

Growing up and even now, my parents have always disagreed politically...My mom is more liberal and my dad is more conservative, I enjoyed them arguing over political issues and still do...they both made valid points.

Anyways that Trumpster not getting laid threads, and getting denied on tinder threads, got me thinking.

Has this right/left dichotomy got so hyped by the media, that people think they cant disagree with their partner?

I always know the left/right dicotomy that the media likes to present, both the liberal and conservative media, is pure bullshit...Most Americans are very damn alike.

Anyways, this is another way, the right wing and left wing media/politicians are dividing America.
why would anyone marry someone that is so vastly different to the point of easy made arguments is beyond me.

theres one thing to argue over who forgot to pay save moneu in groceries and then there is arguing over litterly anything because its connected to politics.

probably one of the reasons why the divorce rates are so high...

only a psycho, or someone that takes politics WAAAAYYYYY too seriously would refuse to date someone b/c they are of a different party

That's patently absurd
and this is where world gets screwed up.

people thinking politics is a game and not realizing how it affects everything in the world.

imagine a polish nationalist who sees his heritage going down the drain because of immigrants then goes and dates an immigrant.

i dont think the far right is that stupid.

A mother can love your children, engender morality and be fantastic in the sack while voting Trump .

Many of you act as if Trump is Hitler . (Litetally)

It show a lack of judgement across the board. Plus I would think she’s a moron. Anyone still defending this president is a moron.

What? My wife and I disagree all the time on political issues. Not argue, but disagree. I actually can’t stand to watch the news anymore, so I request that she doesn’t have that shit on. I used to always watch the news, but I can’t stand Fox News, or cnn’s constant attack on trump, even though I despise him. I get it, he’s horrible, but it seriously depresses me

Had to give up a girl over her Nazi tendencies , I do miss her uniform though .

My queen is much more focused on "evil corporations" and the government's corruption, while I'm more focused on culture, crime and demographics. But neither of us are voting in the Swedish elections because there is not one trustworthy party.

The thought of a couple haggling over the remote flicking between Rachael Maddow and Hannity while screaming at the TV and each other does amuse me
I could very easily see a sitcom along these lines coming soon.

My wife vote for whom ever i tell her to vote.

Back