Will we ever have Couples that disagree politically anymore?Left/Right Dichotomy Media hype at fault

GOATER

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Growing up and even now, my parents have always disagreed politically...My mom is more liberal and my dad is more conservative, I enjoyed them arguing over political issues and still do...they both made valid points.

Anyways that Trumpster not getting laid threads, and getting denied on tinder threads, got me thinking.

Has this right/left dichotomy got so hyped by the media, that people think they cant disagree with their partner?

I always know the left/right dicotomy that the media likes to present, both the liberal and conservative media, is pure bullshit...Most Americans are very damn alike.

Anyways, this is another way, the right wing and left wing media/politicians are dividing America.

Last edited:
My wife and I disagree on a few issues, she supports the death penalty and she's anti abortion. She's also more liberal than me on most social issues.

I think if you don't both subscribe to the two party shit it's pretty easy to find a woman you disagree with politically who still lets you have sex with them.

Most people aren't so hardcore fans of a particular side. Most people vaguely identify with one side, but really share ideas from both sides so it's not a huge issue.

I think poltically homogeneous couples are still the minority. It's extreme seperation on the ideology scale that is not common. Most people are not overly political anyways.

The Tinder/Dating thing is funny.

If you're wearing a MAGA hat in your tinder profile, or bringing up your thoughts on the 2nd Amendment or abortion rights on a first date - chances are you're a fucking dweeb. Your conservative values have nothing to do with you not getting laid. You're just bad at getting laid.

Yes, couples can and do still disagree.

However, disagree across the current partisan divide? No, that's largely infeasible anymore, since the Republican Party abandoned all policies that are even remotely intellectually or pragmatically defensible. Even through the GWB era, you could at least say that Republicans by and large had some principle and were making good faith efforts to craft sensible policy. Now, the entire platform is trying to loot the economy, undermine democracy, and veil it under the guise of identity politics.

Yes, couples can and do still disagree.

However, disagree across the current partisan divide? No, that's largely infeasible anymore, since the Republican Party abandoned all policies that are even remotely intellectually or pragmatically defensible. Even through the GWB era, you could at least say that Republicans by and large had some principle and were making good faith efforts to craft sensible policy. Now, the entire platform is trying to loot the economy, undermine democracy, and veil it under the guise of identity politics.

This post drips of vinegar and water

But but but bush

You do not want to be with a person that is so politically biased one way that publicly states that they would not date someone based on their political views because they are batshit crazy.

@GOATER

like you, I'm a Trump supporter who's worried that I'll never have sex and that internet anonymity should be a human right because if people see what I've written online I'll die alone and unloved. We need right wingers to push the idea that mixed-opinion couples are acceptable in society and not an abomination.

ibYm6B37yi4d.jpg

"But but but bush"?

I'm complimenting Bush-era Republicans (at least relative to 2018 Republicans).
He typed with no sense of irony in a thread about relationships with people not being able to get along because they are left or right

He typed with no sense of irony in a thread about relationships with people not being able to get along because they are left or right

He typed, having far too long ago revisited the actual meaning of the word "irony."

Was it hard growing up in a home where your mother was correct and your father was wrong about everything?

How can any man date a woman who voted for trump. It's shows she is a moron, uses bad judgement, doesn't believe in facts and doesn't use critical thinking.

But hey if that's the person you want as the mother to your kids well more power to ya

Was it hard growing up in a home where your mother was correct and your father was wrong about everything?

My parents were fairly conservative socially (re gay marriage, abortion, etc.) but always firmly left of center on denser economic and administrative issues, as any educated and discerning person should be. They'd voted for Republicans before, but had recently abandoned the Republican Party because of its patently baseless and illogical economic platform.

My parents were fairly conservative socially (re gay marriage, abortion, etc.) but always firmly left of center on denser economic and administrative issues, as any educated and discerning person should be. They'd voted for Republicans before, but had recently abandoned the Republican Party because of its patently baseless and illogical economic platform.

Yeah well I think your parents aren't the norm and they seem willing to change their ideas when presented with new information. Good on them.

Yes. It's very possible.

Almost all of my exes have been liberal or left leaning .

And most of my friends and colleagues are liberal as well.

One can have a legitimate disagreement on a host of matters

polarization505px_30fps.gif

...and I don't think you're getting any closer.

How can any man date a woman who voted for trump. It's shows she is a moron, uses bad judgement, doesn't believe in facts and doesn't use critical thinking.

But hey if that's the person you want as the mother to your kids well more power to ya

A mother can love your children, engender morality and be fantastic in the sack while voting Trump .

Many of you act as if Trump is Hitler . (Litetally)

Its not that bad IRL.

It is a lot worse on TV and on the internet.

My mom and I are left leaning. My brother and father are staunch Republicans.

Our company has a bunch of warehouse workers who come from a wide array of life. There are two guys, one is black and one is white. The white dude has NRA stickers all over his car. The black guy listens to rap at his station. they are best friends. Not once do they talk about politics.

Yes. It's very possible.

Almost all of my exes have been liberal or left leaning .

And most of my friends and colleagues are liberal as well.

One can have a legitimate disagreement on a host of matters
You can, and so can I. It helps not being a tone def ideologue. Once you divorce yourself from your ego it's amazing how easily a person can digest different opinions. Oh, and realize the MSM is a for profit medium looking to profit from manufactured dumpster fire "stories".

Back