Will Viacom Keep the Dazn Money or Give it to the Fighters?

P.S.: There is rumors that Dazn did receive some equity in Bellator. My guess would be maybe 10% if its true.

That's a good sign, if true, because that would mean DAZN got a thorough look at Bellator's financials and didn't find anything negative.

Bellator has already overpaid for fighters that don’t present an ROI, like RoMac, Mousissi, Davis, etc. maybe for now, they should bank it for the time being.

That's a good sign, if true, because that would mean DAZN got a thorough look at Bellator's financials and didn't find anything negative.

I'm sure they got to see the financials. Bellator has been running negative. How much who really knows. I won't think to terrible under the break even point. It's easy for Viacom to not worry because those hours of programming would need to be replaced with something else that would cost money also.

Dazn wants to be a player in the streaming service for sports. Unfortunately, everything that would make them explode they'll never get in the US market (ie: NFL, MLB, NBA, etc.). The players in those markets would crush them before they could even think about it. So I'm assuming they are going to try to get into niche market sports and hope enough fans can share the cost across the programming to be cash flow positive. Personally, I just don't think it will work out that well.

P.S.: Dazn has found some traction in the European market. Like us MMA fans in the US has become accustom to paying for PPV events, people in Europe in many areas have come accustom to paying like $20 a month on there cable package for a certain channel or channels that included things like the NFL, UFC, NBA, etc. The opposite here for those major sports for the most part. So my question is what is Dazn going to sign on in the US that will get average sports fan to take notice and subscribe??

To be honest this is the only reason I've heard of DAZN.

I may order it just for bellator and champions league. NFL would be a bonus as I already get all the gamed I want on cable.

Back