Will UFC 305 take place in Perth, Australia?

Unheralded Truth

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have now heard both Robert Whittaker and Stephen Erceg talk about the UFC working on a card in Western Australia.

And this made me remember that a few planned events for 2024 got announced already in December last year, and yes, Perth was listed as a targeted host there.

So what do we make of this, just a matter of time before it's announced? Nobody has said anything until this last week when two Aussie fighters mentioned this potential card. Coincidence?

I have now heard both Robert Whittaker and Stephen Erceg talk about the UFC working on a card in Western Australia.

And this made me remember that a few planned events for 2024 got announced already in December last year, and yes, Perth was listed as a targeted host there.

So what do we make of this, just a matter of time before it's announced? Nobody has said anything until this last week when two Aussie fighters mentioned this potential card. Coincidence?
It'll be a fight night I reckon

If JDM has an impressive win this weekend it would be perthfect for him to headline a fight night card in his home city.

The UFC will only ever do events in Australia during October to February.

March to September is rugby and australian football season in Australia, which are massive sports, and their fans would represent close to the entire MMA supporter base in Australia.
I reckon they’d still sell it out no problem even during footy season, especially here in Perth.

The UFC will only ever do events in Australia during October to February.

March to September is rugby and australian football season in Australia, which are massive sports, and their fans would represent close to the entire MMA supporter base in Australia.
Soooo....?

1709634300605.png

Rob said he wanted Sean for that card(Rob also mentioned August), if it's a fight night it'll prolly be the headliner.
JDM could be on here win or lose, same with Tuivasa after his upcoming bout.

It might be tricky getting some decently non-australian ranked guys on there, like with the purse tax and long travels. That was causing trouble with some bookings on the previous Perth card. Sean will be good to go in Australia tho so if it's a fight night they'll have a solid candidate for a headliner at least, dude doesn't seem to care all that much.

Edit: I forgot Erceg would be perfect for this as well.

Back