Will this be the turning point to start renegotiating the rules on knees to the head on the ground?

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I think it's stupid and knees should be allowed. Maybe ban them in North South position?

I wish, but I doubt it.

I'm not sure if the UFC is even interested in that.

No

It's not the first and won't be the last time this shit rule taints a good win

To be fair, an illegal kick to the head has more chance of making Emmett smarter than it does of having any long term negative affects.

No

It's not the first and won't be the last time this shit rule taints a good win
Well I hope you're wrong. And yes it is a shit rule. I've talked to pro mma fighters and they are mostly in favor of knees. I think Dom Cruz is openly in favor of knees and soccer kicks, stomps.

Rule is garbage and fighters exploit the rule all the time.

Pride rules need to be legal and unified in the states.

Then stephens can soccer kick emmett in the head while he is down and Uriel will have nothing to blubber about

Knees should be legal from anywhere. The ref will stop the fight when needed.

I say let it all go. Knees on the ground. Soccer kicks. Then you don’t have these controversies

didnt even land so no issue anyway, Pride rules were the most entertaining

Regardless of the knee....i still feel bad for emmett

No, this isn't a turning point in allowing knees to the head of grounded opponents. They are trying to go more mainstream, not less.

WME era means no chance of allowing those kind of strikes. That said I agree.

I wish. It would make for better fights. Get rid of this mess of fighters trying to put a hand down to avoid knees and it would make panic wrestlers think twice. They wouldn't desperately be hunting those takedowns putting their head in precarious spots if sprawls could turn into knees to their head.

But Rashad Evans told me on The Deadliest Warrior that knees to the head of a downed opponent will leave you like MVP left Cyborg...

But Rashad Evans told me on The Deadliest Warrior that knees to the head of a downed opponent will leave you like MVP left Cyborg...
2cmn8cn.jpg
If a roided out Randleman couldn't open a man's head up like a cantaloupe with these knees, it's not going to happen.

I initally thought about going for a joke on how if Mark Kerr didn't kill anyone, back in the day, we don't have to worry about it now. Forgot about Randleman

Uhh, yeah exactly. That's why they're illegal. You're telling me you'd be perfectly fine after being kneed while grounded?

Back