Will they strip Tyron if he reuses to fight RDA-Colby winner?

cooks1

No matter where you go-there you are
@Gold
Reaction score
He wants to fight Nick. He probably won't get to because Nick wants $8 trillion to fight and the UFC won't pay it.

He wants to fight GSP. And as much as I would like to see it, I don't think GSP wants any part of it.

If he refuses the interim holder after that fight, do they just strip him like they did Tito?

probably, he ain't Conor, and he complains a lot and doesn't bring in any revenue. and on top of that he's boring and they probably can't wait to get rid of him

Pretty sure he'll just smash whoever wins.

I agree. I think he beats either of them. Baffling that he would not just fight RDA now. But if he won't fight him now, why would he fight him in 6 months?

Meh, he's hurt. Yeah, he played games deciding whether to do surgery, hoping to get a 'money fight', but he also ended up needing the surgery (had it in December). Before this he fought the #1 contender 3 times in less than a year from winning the title. No reason to assume he'll reject the fight outright. He'll probably still angle for a bigger payday, but I don't think he risks getting stripped.

Last edited:
He will not let go of the title over refusing to fight the next guy up. He talks but ends up fighting.

He will beat whoever gets the shot and then continue to look for his money fight.

If he refuses to fight Colby, then maybe

He'll do what he did last time, angle for the money fight and if he doesn't get it, just fight who he has to and probably win.

Btw. I like the fact that this fight is an interim title fight.
It's weakened extremly tyrones position in his talks about money fights (GSP,Diaz etc.)

Why would he refuse?

Why are people acting like Woodley refuses fights? He is injured and comes back in July. There is no need for an interim belt, it's basically just a #1 Contender fight.
And also, Woodley is one of the most active champions in the UFC.

I agree. I think he beats either of them. Baffling that he would not just fight RDA now. But if he won't fight him now, why would he fight him in 6 months?
he explained it pretty well, actually.

last Nov or so he was hurt and needed surgery. and explained that he'd put off surgery for a big payoff, but he wouldn't put off surgery for a high risk, low pay bout.

he didn't get a big payoff bout, so he got surgery. and is now out for, what, 6-9 months i think?

you may disagree with his payday mentality, but it's not hard to comprehend.

i'm not a fan of Woodley BTW. i'm not defending him. i'm merely explaining to you what happened.

T-Wood ain't McGregor. He can't afford to be a prima donna. The man's got to eat. He'll complain - as he always does - but eventually do what the UFC wants him to do.

he explained it pretty well, actually.

he's hurt, but he'd put off surgery for a big payoff. but he wouldn't put off surgery for a high risk, low pay bout.

and then he got surgery and is now out for, what, 6-9 months i think?

you may disagree with his payday mentality, but it's not hard to comprehend.

His surgery was in December, and the recovery was not that long. If he was actually getting the payday fight, it would make sense.

RDA vs Colby is all kinds of awful, hopefully we don't even get that far.

Back