Will they ever go back to the old post-fight press conference format?

Straightcross

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I really miss those, they were fun to watch and those individual interviews just put me to sleep

Agreed--the new format is lame and boring, and I find myself skipping them more often times than not. I don't know why they switched.

It was great seeing other fighters react to fights that weren't their's, and gave opportunities for some awesome moments, like Sonnen and McGregor being seated on the same side of the press conference table. Jesus Christ--the holy duo of trashtalk!

agreed

Why did they even changed that????

Just another reason to hate WME.

Just shows WME have no idea what they are doing and further proof they will run the UFC into the ground.

Yep, stopped watching once they changed.

New format is awful. Used to watch most of them, but I watched about one and a half of the new format and said fuck this shit.

I used to watch a lot of the press conferences, but I've stopped. The old format was much more fan friendly.

For every memorable interaction in the old panel style, there were 100 slow, awkward patchworks of disjointed questions with maybe three of the fighters getting any attention, leaving the rest to shift in their chairs and stare into space. I don't miss the old format one bit.

new format everyone gets to shine.

old format could get more trash talking but yeah.. for overall content the new format is actually better.

One can only hope. People think this gives people more time to shine but they only ever have three guys up there anyway. If anything it gives smaller guys less chance to shine since they aren't even at the table with a chance to get a question

Yeah some guys got zero questions, pointlessly sitting there while the names got almost all the Q's.

This new format is better since I can hear a less prominent fighter I like share his thoughts, and you still get the names who also can go on rants since it's their floor. But the old format had some back and forths sometimes, which were fun, but then again often sour grapes.

They made a good choice with having just the headliners for big fight pre-fight pressers. Trash talk matters more before fights.

agreed

Why did they even changed that????

I like the old format as well. However, they don't make money doing those things. The new format is easier for the press, the fighters, the staff and in the end we all get to see just as much as we did previously. It's just worse for we the viewer. But if we are not paying for it then they are not going to care what our opinion is.

Back