Will there ever be another truly iconic slasher villain?

Can you imagine seeing this in a theater with a group of people ready for Jason's return!?

This would have been freaking amazing!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did they really do a James Bond-style Jason intro?! That's is fucking HILARIOUS!

I'll have to sit down and watch this one day. Never did see Part 6.

I don't think we'll ever see the traditional, supernatural killing machine type, like Freddy, Jason, Chucky, Micheal Myers, etc, again. I think those days are over, and you'll only see low budget pet projects of a similar nature, or straight up remakes/reboots of those characters.

I think slashers still have a future, but the killers will have to be human for an audience to really take it seriously. The material will also have to be smarter than those of the past as well. The days of a killer like Jason just randomly knocking off teenagers, with no real plot or substance, are over.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did they really do a James Bond-style Jason intro?! That's is fucking HILARIOUS!

I'll have to sit down and watch this one day. Never did see Part 6.

Oh dude...you have to watch Part 6. It's my favorite installment with Part 4 as a very close second because it's the complete opposite of 6.

I love 6 because it's having fun while still having Jason be a complete scary badass. Part 4 is just fucking nasty. Jason is imo the most intimidating in that one. Just a sleazy, despicable film and I love it.

I don't think we'll ever see the traditional, supernatural killing machine type, like Freddy, Jason, Chucky, Micheal Myers, etc, again. I think those days are over, and you'll only see low budget pet projects of a similar nature, or straight up remakes/reboots of those characters.

I think slashers still have a future, but the killers will have to be human for an audience to really take it seriously. The material will also have to be smarter than those of the past as well. The days of a killer like Jason just randomly knocking off teenagers, with no real plot or substance, are over.

A lot of people might disagree, but Elijah Wood's character in Maniac was quite intense and to me stands out in this regard.

I guess the guy from Saw is the most memorable horror villain in the last 15 years.

Oh dude...you have to watch Part 6. It's my favorite installment with Part 4 as a very close second because it's the complete opposite of 6.

I love 6 because it's having fun while still having Jason be a complete scary badass. Part 4 is just fucking nasty. Jason is imo the most intimidating in that one. Just a sleazy, despicable film and I love it.

I'll have to check those out. I actually haven't watched a Friday the 13th movie in many years. The only ones I can really remember are Jason Takes Manhattan and Jason X.

I'll have to check those out. I actually haven't watched a Friday the 13th movie in many years. The only ones I can really remember are Jason Takes Manhattan and Jason X.

Lol the worst installments.

Definitely watch 1-6.

I actually like Jason X. A friend of mine and I used to smoke weed and watch it on the regular.

It's been a while since I've seen it to its entirety but I didn't like the whole Jason in space thing.

He also looked the worst out of all the films.

The only 2 things I remember liking about it were Cronenbergs cameo and the face smash kill.

It's been a while since I've seen it to its entirety but I didn't like the whole Jason in space thing.

He also looked the worst out of all the films.

The only 2 things I remember liking about it were Cronenbergs cameo and the face smash kill.

It's a retarded movie but one of those movies that's fun in its retardedness. And at least it was an attempt to do something different.

It seems like the only slasher villains who have become widely known in popular culture are decades old at this point.

Freddy, Jason Vorhees, Michael Myers, I guess if you want to count him Ghostface from Scream. . .

While there have been slasher films in the past 15 or 20 years that had other villains, none of those guys penetrated popular consciousness like the aforementioned guys did. Will we ever see another slasher villain who becomes truly iconic? Or are those days forever in the past?

Im a big fan of victor crowley from the hatchet series. Came out early 2000s i believe.

Willow_Creek_poster.jpg

Thanks. Beaten to the punch by Bobcat Goldthwait no less. Might have to watch this one.

Back