ALADDIN Live-Action Movie (Full Trailer Released)

sarah shahi as Jasmine lets rate the film R and has gratuitous nudity and lesbian sex.
sarah-shahi-at-showtime-2015-tca-summer-tour-in-beverly-hills_1.jpg

MV5BMTU0MzE2NTI1NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODcwMzMwOQ@@._V1_UY1200_CR97,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Too old now.

Aladdin is meant to be an Arab fable but it's actually set in China.

The disney movie is mix-mash of Persian/Indian influences - the tiger (India), agrabah (agra - old name for Delhi), carpets (Persian), Sultan (Persian) etc etc.

I just have a feeling this movie is going in the same weird direction.

Sultan is turkish after they settle down in Byzantium. Persians are Shahs.

will smith's ship has sailed.
he and sam L need to just go away.
morgan freeman can stay as long as he likes however

and btw, bring back fucking WESLEY!

sarah shahi as Jasmine lets rate the film R and has gratuitous nudity and lesbian sex.
sarah-shahi-at-showtime-2015-tca-summer-tour-in-beverly-hills_1.jpg

MV5BMTU0MzE2NTI1NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODcwMzMwOQ@@._V1_UY1200_CR97,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

way too old and beat up

Update: March 5, 2017

Dragonlord's Fantasy Casting Vol. 16: Disney's ALADDIN

NAOMI SCOTT as PRINCESS JASMINE
Naomi-Scott-Princess-Jasmine-4-Dragonlord.jpg

I chose rising star Naomi Scott as Jasmine. The 23-year-old English (Indian descent) actress and singer has appeared in Fox's Terra Nova and will star in the upcoming Power Rangers movie.

too boring looking

They pretty nailed Jasmine in the show Once Upon a Time. Why dont they just use the chick on that show?
OUAT%2BJasmine.jpg

she can sing too from what I hear.

not hot enough

Shiva Negar should play Jasmine
MV5BMTM0NDkyMDM3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzU1MjgwNw@@._V1_.jpg

MV5BMTg5Mjk2MDg2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzY1MjgwNw@@._V1_UY317_CR104,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

MV5BMzM0MzI5ODk0NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTIwMjkxNQ@@._V1_.jpg

Sexy North American actress with a cute face that adds a touch of innocence like a Disney character.

i gotta say not bad if she still looks like the first picture

will smith's ship has sailed.
he and sam L need to just go away.
morgan freeman can stay as long as he likes however

and btw, bring back fucking WESLEY!
Agree with Snipes. Demolition Man is 1 of my fav 90s movies. Still think Samuel is cool ; but not digging Will Smith that much.

I have a feeling they will get shit on by SJWs for the casting for this film.

My first thought was (though i love Smith) "why the hell would they cast a black guy as a genie who used to be a middle-eastern guy?". Sucks to be that guy, but i just don't feel it. I'll still watch it.

Sultan is turkish after they settle down in Byzantium. Persians are Shahs.

Not true. The word sultan has been long used in Persia it was originally an important rank in the Persian empire but was adopted by central asian empires later on to mean sultan = king. It was only adopted by the Ottomans much later but it's been in use in Persia & Central Asia for a long time before the Ottomans.

For example later rulers of the Ghaznavids were referred to as Sultans (despite being Central Asian - mongol/turkic) they adopted it from Persia along with a lot of other cultural assimilation.

Edit: I have a hard on for history...

What the fuck happened to Guy Ritchie?

First he gives us Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and follows it up with Snatch, Revolver, and Rock n Rolla, only to devolve into Sherlock Holmes (twice), the Man from UNCLE, and now this Disney bullshit?

Go back to UK crime films, please. You were so much better at it.

Not true. The word sultan has been long used in Persia it was originally an important rank in the Persian empire but was adopted by central asian empires later on to mean sultan = king. It was only adopted by the Ottomans much later but it's been in use in Persia & Central Asia for a long time before the Ottomans.

For example later rulers of the Ghaznavids were referred to as Sultans (despite being Central Asian - mongol/turkic) they adopted it from Persia along with a lot of other cultural assimilation.

Edit: I have a hard on for history...

I believe the persians used Satrap before converting to Islam.

What the fuck happened to Guy Ritchie?

First he gives us Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and follows it up with Snatch, Revolver, and Rock n Rolla, only to devolve into Sherlock Holmes (twice), the Man from UNCLE, and now this Disney bullshit?

Go back to UK crime films, please. You were so much better at it.

I thought Man from UNCLE was entertaining. Not vintage Ritchie but fun.

Agree with Snipes. Demolition Man is 1 of my fav 90s movies. Still think Samuel is cool ; but not digging Will Smith that much.

Will Smith is a funny case. I remember at the time of I Am Legend, that movie was widely popular and the good will for Smith and his career was as high as it had been circa Independence Day/MIB. But after Seven Pounds and his self-imposed hiatus, he became disliked to a large extent.

I think many people attribute it to Jaden and Willow being hyped up during that time period- Jaden with his ridiculous psuedo-philosophical stuff and WIllow with that whip hair song.

Will Smith is a funny case. I remember at the time of I Am Legend, that movie was widely popular and the good will for Smith and his career was as high as it had been circa Independence Day/MIB. But after Seven Pounds and his self-imposed hiatus, he became disliked to a large extent.

I think many people attribute it to Jaden and Willow being hyped up during that time period- Jaden with his ridiculous psuedo-philosophical stuff and WIllow with that whip hair song.
I don't dislike the guy but I am just not into the guy either. I liked him Fresh Prince .

MIB was decent and Independence I liked when it came out but later on I think it is nothing but action sequences tied together. I didn't like or dislike the movies because of Will Smith.

As you say I do think his kids' public persona has negatively affected Will Smith, and the rumors of him being into Scientology .

Update: July 10, 2017

Disney Struggles to Find Stars for Its Live-Action ALADDIN Movie

frH4leL.png

Disney’s magic carpet ride has hit a bit of turbulence.

The studio and Aladdin director Guy Ritchie launched a global casting call in March to find the stars for the musical based on the hit 1992 animated film about a street kid who teams with a genie to woo the princess Jasmine.

Disney, Ritchie and casting director Randi Hiller brought on casting agents around the world, from London to Egypt to Abu Dhabi and India, for what sources say is a massive global search: Around 2,000 actors and actresses have read for the lead roles of Jasmine and Aladdin.

But finding a male lead in his 20s who can act and sing has proven difficult — especially since the studio wants someone of Middle-Eastern or Indian descent (the animated film is set in the fictional Middle Eastern city of Agrabah). The original casting call specified that production was slated to begin by July, but the search has dragged on, with Disney and Ritchie having to go back to the drawing board multiple times.

Sources say there have been several rounds of tests in London, with the actors coming in for up to two weeks at a time. “The test process was a mess,” says one agent with a client who tested.

While the studio had interest in Dev Patel, 27, and Riz Ahmed, 34, the male lead will likely be a newcomer. Sources say the studio is eyeing Power Rangers actress Naomi Scott, 24, or Indian actress Tara Sutaria, 21, to play Jasmine, but can’t lock the deal until the male lead has been selected since chemistry is so important to the story. (Will Smith is signed on to play the Genie, and sources say the studio is after known names for the role of the villain Jafar).

Among the newcomers who were still in the running for the riffraff/street rat in the most recent rounds of testing were Dutch actor Achraf Koutet, Canadian actor Mena Massoud and American George Kosturos.

As the search has dragged on (sources say the filmmakers went back to dig through the tapes once again when the most recent round of testing did not go well), the studio has brought on two movie-musical veterans to consult on the project: Marc Platt, who has a strong background in producing musicals and worked on Disney’s upcoming Mary Poppins Returns; and Chris Montan, a longtime executive music producer for Disney’s animated project such as Pocahontas, Toy Story, Hercules and Frozen.

The lengthy casting process could be a promising sign, however. Disney has had success with previous extensive casting searches for its live-action fare, from Lily James as Cinderella to Daisy Ridley as Rey in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and insiders say the studio's delay in landing Aladdin is due to its determination to get the casting right for such a beloved and iconic character.

With shooting for Aladdin now planned to start in August, Disney may have to use all three of its wishes to find its diamond in the rough.

'Aladdin': Disney Struggles to Find Stars for Its Live-Action Movie

Back