Will Sega comeback to Console Business?

Nintendo is a flop away from going out of business. Check its stock price fluctuations. If Switch is a bust... bye Nintendo. Wii U was not a success.

Sony and MS can lose a generational war and continue on. PS2 vs Xbox, 360 vs PS3, PS4 vs Bone
I am more interested to see if Microsoft will continue on after the One. They sell well in America, but suck the shit in the rest of the world. I guess it comes down to how much they make on software sales.

But lol at nintendo going out of business. They may stop making home consoles if the Switch flops, but they still have their hand held and games division.

I am more interested to see if Microsoft will continue on after the One. They sell well in America, but suck the shit in the rest of the world. I guess it comes down to how much they make on software sales.

But lol at nintendo going out of business. They may stop making home consoles if the Switch flops, but they still have their hand held and games division.

Losing consoles would gut them into Sega land. Which proves my point, Sega can't fight in the console market, even Nintendo is struggling.

Losing consoles would gut them into Sega land. Which proves my point, Sega can't fight in the console market, even Nintendo is struggling.
Nintendo could run at a loss for the next 50 years and still be ok I don't think you realize how big they are.

LOL at Nintendo going out of business. Yeah, ok buddy. At some point they may decide to focus only on games, and not hardware, but it wouldn't be fear of going out of business.

With the cash Nintendo has, I often wonder why they don't just pump out a more powerful product? The original Wii was a nice gimic but it was 480p when everything else was moving to 1080. The games looked like garbage. Wii U improved graphics obviously, but they still lagged behind other consoles.

With the cash Nintendo has, I often wonder why they don't just pump out a more powerful product? The original Wii was a nice gimic but it was 480p when everything else was moving to 1080. The games looked like garbage. Wii U improved graphics obviously, but they still lagged behind other consoles.

Because they're tired of getting their asses kicked by Sony. That's why. Yeah, they had the Wii, but The PS1 destroyed N64 and PS2 obliterated Gamecube. Now look at the PS4 and the monster that it is. Nintendo wants no part of competing head to head with them.

That's been the case for all of their consoles. They're likely in it for the long haul. It would take a pretty big flop for them to get out.

gut them like Sega? yeah okay... uhhh no. Sega always played 2nd fiddle to Nintendo and generally struggled to stay profitable during their console war years. They had more flops (Sega Master, 32X, Game Gear, Saturn, Dreamcast) than successes (Genesis and Sega CD).

Meanwhile Nintendo had decades of smash hits and success with their consoles and games racking up 20+ billions in straight up American currency banked. They are ready to finance anything they want and run up losses for the next 20-30 years of their worst yearly losses before declaring bankruptcy (and that wouldn't mean they stop producing things) due to their extremely valuable IPs (Mario, Zelda, Pokémon, etc...).

they're not going anywhere and will continue making consoles/games and game related items (such as toys) because that is what they excel at. Don't compare them to Sega.

That's been the case for all of their consoles. They're likely in it for the long haul. It would take a pretty big flop for them to get out.
I am really interested to see how this whole upgraded versions of the same system thing goes for them. Seems like a bit of a risk to me, as one of the big selling points to consoles over pc is that you can just buy one console and have it for the entire generation of games (unless it shits out on you).

I am really interested to see how this whole upgraded versions of the same system thing goes for them. Seems like a bit of a risk to me, as one of the big selling points to consoles over pc is that you can just buy one console and have it for the entire generation of games (unless it shits out on you).

Yeah, I don't really get the PS4 Pro, or Scorpio thing. Seems like a greedy cash grab.

Yeah, I don't really get the PS4 Pro, or Scorpio thing. Seems like a greedy cash grab.

Well aren't both system suppose to be set up for VR hence why they decided to release the Pro and Scorpio? At least one of the reasons. The other reason for the Scorpio is to completely blow past the playstation in term of specs and woo developers back to the Microsoft side in terms of exclusives. Right now, the majority of the 3rd party console exclusive games all being released on the PS4. Sony is destroying Microsoft in consoles sales (2 to 1). There is literally no reason to buy an Xbox One/S unless you just want a system you are familiar with or you REALLY love Halo/Gears of War series...

Well aren't both system suppose to be set up for VR hence why they decided to release the Pro and Scorpio? At least one of the reasons. The other reason for the Scorpio is to completely blow past the playstation in term of specs and woo developers back to the Microsoft side in terms of exclusives. Right now, the majority of the 3rd party console exclusive games all being released on the PS4. Sony is destroying Microsoft in consoles sales (2 to 1). There is literally no reason to buy an Xbox One/S unless you just want a system you are familiar with or you REALLY love Halo/Gears of War series...

To be fair, other reasons to own an Xbox One are for EA Access, Backwards Compatibility, and the upcoming Xbox Streaming Service

They should just re-release the Dreamcast catalog with upgrades.

I just hope Sega release a new console, even if it's the same old Dreamcast with upgraded graphics is perfectly fine with me as long as there is Shenmue 3.

Taking a loss of 250 million while having 5 billion in cash doesn't mean you can continue fucking around. Especially when you just made a huge investment in a new console. 250 million is nothing in the console game.

Taking a loss of 250 million while having 5 billion in cash doesn't mean you can continue fucking around. Especially when you just made a huge investment in a new console. 250 million is nothing in the console game.
Nintendo have 812.8 billion Yen (£6.7/$10.5 billion) in the bank – enough for it to take a 20 billion Yen loss (£163/$257 million) every year until 2052.

they also rule the portable market with an iron fist 158 million DS sold and the Switch looks to continue that trend. Sorry to burst your bubble but the big N ain't going anywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back