Will Sega comeback to Console Business?

panzer723

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone here dreaming one day that Sega comes back to Videogame Competition and battle Sony,Microsoft and it's original rival Nintendo?

Now that Sega as a very successful game maker right now and with the likes of Shenmue 3, Total War and Sonic they can go back in a console competition.

And they have the Yakuza series and Valkyria Chronicles....ki sure hope Sega comes back..

Maybe a Dreamcast Portable with updated graphics and games would be awesome.

Find me a switch to buy and I'll see what I can do.

Not going to happen unless MS or Sony jumps out of the console making business. It's a crowded field with Nintendo (and they're not even aiming for the same customer base technically).

I doubt it, but I think they could do it, and find some success if they wanted to. Nostalgia sells, and if Sega announced that they were getting back into the console wars, you better believe the hype would be off the charts. Of course, they would have secure a bunch of licenses, and have a good plan for long term success, but they would get out the gates very strongly.

They'd be better off making a Segal Classic, like the NEs Classic Mini. It would be a big hit.

I doubt it, but I think they could do it, and find some success if they wanted to. Nostalgia sells, and if Sega announced that they were getting back into the console wars, you better believe the hype would be off the charts. Of course, they would have secure a bunch of licenses, and have a good plan for long term success, but they would get out the gates very strongly.

They do have a great library of IPO that can tap into. Sonic, Shinobi, Virtual Fighter, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Streets of Rage, Altered Beast...

I would love to see an updated version of Altered Beast...

There literally hasn't been any news on Shenmue 3 since its E3 reveal, I'd wait a while longer before declaring it a success.

I never had a chance to play Shenmue 1 and 2, I'd love it if they'd re release them in HD while everyone waits for 3.

Anyone here dreaming one day that Sega comes back to Videogame Competition and battle Sony,Microsoft and it's original rival Nintendo?

Now that Sega as a very successful game maker right now and with the likes of Shenmue 3, Total War and Sonic they can go back in a console competition.

Noppeee

I hope not. Matter of fact I want Nintendo to drop out of the console business and focus on games.

There literally hasn't been any news on Shenmue 3 since its E3 reveal, I'd wait a while longer before declaring it a success.

No shit, eh.

I remember seeing the announcement for it, and them wanting it to be a crowd funded game, and immediately thought "Well, that sounds like a scam."

Nothing I've seen so far has changed that sentiment.

I doubt you will ever see a sega console ever again and I think that is the right choice.

If they want to get there shit pushed in again, sure.

They almost collapsed when the Dreamcast failed. Sony Microsoft are juggernauts and Nintendo kicked Segas ass in the 90s and is dominating handhelds. Never going to happen.

competition is good but in this case it would be annoying due to having yet another console with exclusive games and you would end up having to own four different consoles to play all the games

Nintendo is fighting for its life vs Sony and MS.

Sega CANNOT compete in this marketplace - capital and history prevent it.

Sega cannot build a better cheaper console and get exclusives or even basic developer support.

Nintendo is fighting for its life vs Sony and MS.

Sega CANNOT compete in this marketplace - capital and history prevent it.

Sega cannot build a better cheaper console and get exclusives or even basic developer support.
This is silly. The Wii-U was a flop, but Nintendo is fine. The Wii has sold about as many consoles by itself as all three Xboxes combined.
And with the handheld market, Nintendo will keep making consoles until for as long as they want.

I think people forget that Sega had a couple of massive flops in a row, and no other way to make up the revenue.

Nope. Easier to produce crappy Sonic games than it is to make hardware.

This is silly. The Wii-U was a flop, but Nintendo is fine. The Wii has sold about as many consoles by itself as all three Xboxes combined.
And with the handheld market, Nintendo will keep making consoles until for as long as they want.

I think people forget that Sega had a couple of massive flops in a row, and no other way to make up the revenue.

Nintendo is a flop away from going out of business at least the console business. Check its stock price fluctuations. If Switch is a bust... bye Nintendo. Wii U was not a success.

Sony and MS can lose a generational war and continue on. PS2 vs Xbox, 360 vs PS3, PS4 vs Bone. MS lost money on Xbox but later on they traded spots while making at least even. Nintendo takes massive losses.

Handheld is not a console.

Last edited:
Back