Will Nurmagomedov make weight? (poll)

Much as we laugh and make a joke I would be surprised if he makes the weight limit. The guy is more better suited to welterweight. I am surprised he has been at LW all this time.

Probably comes in over weight and Barboza takes the fight any way

He sure makes some weight, but there is a possibility he makes it outside of the range of tolerance.

Yeah he's working with the GOAT nutritionist Tyler "Melee" Minton.

The same nutritionist who worked with DC his last camp.

He'll pull out before we even have a chance to see if he'll make weight.

He will make weight, AKA has a new weigh in towel made from a sheet of plywood

12070951_1674330849492351_793676521_n.jpg

How can this dude weigh 185lbs at 5'10" after a full training camp?

usa_today_9672819.0.jpg

After a having problems with weight cuts before you'd think he'd be aiming to come out of camp a little closer to fight weight and not have to risk not making it again.

More importantly.... Why does he shave his armpits but not anything else?

Khabib (like Conor actually) is actually a bit of a divisional tweener, but odds are that he makes weight. He certainly has made it more often than not, and I haven't heard anything go wrong in his camp so far like an injury that blocks him or whatever.

Heard that BBB episode too. Thompson sounded confident in Khabib making weight, even though he admitted that he came into camp at 190 (LOL!). I get that Thompson is biased, but he was also pretty honest about Luke, DC and their issues...so I'm not sure what to believe. He also said that he thinks Khabib will get a belt (or 2) and then "disappear." If Khabib is already thinking that way, and given his history of pulling out of fights, it's not a great sign, IMO.

Not that I buy the interview as fact... but even if true... we're still a ways away. I could be wrong, but I don't recall him ever backing out of a fight due to a weight cut before. He just f*cked up on that last one... but I expect he will be extra careful this time.

I'm going to say no, that his kidneys and liver will start failing again. I hope I'm wrong though. I place the odds at 51/49.

He missed weight against Trujillo and Ferguson. Only had to make 160 against Horcher. He has not fought in 13 months. He has only made 156 in 3 of his last 6 attempts (3 of 5 if you don't want late replacement Horcher counted against him, but with Khabib's recent failures, we will never know if he would have made 156 that night.)

According to Khabib, his average cut is 37 pounds. TIme to move up - he would only be cutting an average of 27 pounds for WW.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/2/...-difficulties-of-making-weight-without-iv-mma

Back