Will my mma people be watching Fury-Wilder?

I wouldn’t miss this. Finally a legit single world heavyweight champion!

Joshua doesn’t count. He’s ducking everyone.

So I am an Mma fan who came from boxing. Big mma fan but boxing is and probably always will be number 1 for me. But I can appreciate those weekends where there are big fights for both sports. Anyways, Fury-Wilder is coming up.....And its gonna be big.

In one corner you have 1 of the 2 new heavyweight destroyers (the other being Anthony Joshua). WBC Heavyweight Champion, Deontay Wilder who has the kind of power that an MMA fighter can only dream of. The scary concussive power. Same line as Tommy Hearns, George Foreman etc. He is coming off the biggest win of his career vs the highly rated Luis "King Kong" Ortiz (seen in this video here) (Video includes the biggest hw fights of the yr, including AJ-Klits, Whyte-Chisora, Bellew-Haye etc

In the other corner you have Tyson Fury. The Giant Madman of Heavyweight boxing. There are plenty of people in the boxing world (myself included) who still believe that this guy is the true heavyweight champion, and nobody is going to be able to claim they are the champion until they have beaten him. 6 foot 9. On the third fight of his comeback after having his title stripped, legitimate boxing skills, footwook, movement, etc.

Its gonna be incredible incredible stuff......And waiting for the winner to unify all the belts....

4ABAADB800000578-5565825-image-a-76_1522536491369.jpg

I am excited people. Mma has been on such a downturn for so long, its great that the Heavyweight Division in boxing is back. AJ, Wilder, Fury, Whyte, Ortiz, Parker, Chisora, etc.

i can not get exited for that fight... i maybe going to watch it if is somewhere free and im bored.

I am excited

The Gypsy king!

Seriously though, Wilder and AJ's entire styles are predicated on being bigger and outranging the other guy. They will not be used to fighting someone taller than them who also has the technical skill Fury does

Would be so awesome if Deontay somehow went into MMA instead of boxing when he was young. Fuck would he have been some kind of force in the cage.

Hell fucking yeah I'm watching Deontay Wilder fight Tyson Fury, are you fuckin nuts! Have you seen any of Wilder's fights? The most entertaining boxer I've seen in years, people can hate on him all they want and say he's fighting cans, but Wilder has 7 straight title defenses all knockouts or corner stoppages 40-0 with 39 ko. How is this man not a superstar? I understand the majority consensus is he's very unproven, unorthodox and lacks boxing fundamentals, but I don't think any of that means a damn thing when you're an undefeated champion with 39 career knockout wins. How the fuck can you argue with that?

For sure, it’s a great fight.

I really couldn’t stand Fury in his early days but I’ve grown to like him, hope he wins.

Fury vs Wilder is a joke. The only fight to make at HW is Joshua vs Wilder.

If you saw Furys comeback fights you'd know why. Fury has nothing now, he's too fat and too unfit, he looked slightly better for the Pianeta fight but still looked like shit and certainly not like a top HW.

Oh, I'll definitely watch. I was originally a boxing fan too. Loved me some Pretty Boy Floyd, Lennox Lewis, and my all-time boxing favorite RJJ.

I actually started off with bull riding to satiate my thirst for blood and then mma aired after. I will be watching the boxing match too.

Seen wilder in a few highligts...lol. Came from boxing with a few amateur fights. But boxing doesnt do it for me anymore. Also seen loma vs rogondeux and ws impressed by loma. It just doesnt spark my interest like before.

Fury is an out of shape nutcase. I won't pay for it but I will watch it.

Huge fight. Two of the best boxers out there who Anthony Joshua is too scared to fight and have ducked before

I think Wilder is gonna be too much for Fury.

KO in the 7th

You were at Cotto vs Canelo live? That's awesome dude!! I've never been to a big event live, I'm just basing my opinion on watching it live on TV, lol, I'm sure it's far more amazing actually being in the arena (aside from having a way shittier view of the fight anyway, haha)

Haha normally I'd agree but I somehow got ringside seats. Literally 3rd row from the ring. Evander Holyfield was seated one row behind me to my right. So I figured I had gotten some sweet seats. Especially since I got to go for free lol.

That whole weekend felt special and that event itself had a very unique atmosphere.

But to be fair Conor vs Aldo n especially Conor vs Mendes (the crowd was legit 85% Irish) were insane as well. Such diff vibes than most ufc's.

I've been fortunate that I've managed to go to like 10-12 live events but that boxing one will hold a special place in my heart.

Haha normally I'd agree but I somehow got ringside seats. Literally 3rd row from the ring. Evander Holyfield was seated one row behind me to my right. So I figured I had gotten some sweet seats. Especially since I got to go for free lol.

That whole weekend felt special and that event itself had a very unique atmosphere.

But to be fair Conor vs Aldo n especially Conor vs Mendes (the crowd was legit 85% Irish) were insane as well. Such diff vibes than most ufc's.

I've been fortunate that I've managed to go to like 10-12 live events but that boxing one will hold a special place in my heart.

Well no shit dude, lol. Seated up close to a legend for a great fight and it was free..... Can't really get much better than that, lol.

So I am an Mma fan who came from boxing. Big mma fan but boxing is and probably always will be number 1 for me. But I can appreciate those weekends where there are big fights for both sports. Anyways, Fury-Wilder is coming up.....And its gonna be big.

In one corner you have 1 of the 2 new heavyweight destroyers (the other being Anthony Joshua). WBC Heavyweight Champion, Deontay Wilder who has the kind of power that an MMA fighter can only dream of. The scary concussive power. Same line as Tommy Hearns, George Foreman etc. He is coming off the biggest win of his career vs the highly rated Luis "King Kong" Ortiz (seen in this video here) (Video includes the biggest hw fights of the yr, including AJ-Klits, Whyte-Chisora, Bellew-Haye etc

In the other corner you have Tyson Fury. The Giant Madman of Heavyweight boxing. There are plenty of people in the boxing world (myself included) who still believe that this guy is the true heavyweight champion, and nobody is going to be able to claim they are the champion until they have beaten him. 6 foot 9. On the third fight of his comeback after having his title stripped, legitimate boxing skills, footwook, movement, etc.

Its gonna be incredible incredible stuff......And waiting for the winner to unify all the belts....

I am excited people. Mma has been on such a downturn for so long, its great that the Heavyweight Division in boxing is back. AJ, Wilder, Fury, Whyte, Ortiz, Parker, Chisora, etc.

Heavyweight boxing looking the best it has been in decades

Of course.

Back