Will Matt Minestrone ever fight Fedor after this?

OneManGang

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
He was a big risk for both Fedor and Bellator. Odd match making. They should set up a super fight between Fedor and Tito/Rampage instead. Fedoras a small HW and so are Tito and Ramp. Thoughts?

Fedor is a HW regardless if he's small or not, he has fought his entire career and made his name and fame as a HW.

Fedor is a HW regardless if he's small or not, he has fought his entire career and made his name and fame as a HW.
Thats true, but Tito at least Tito is a real heavyweight as well.

Thats true, but Tito at least Tito is a real heavyweight as well.
I disagree. I understand you're saying he's a natural HW but then again which LHW fighter isn't? Shogun? If they are big or small doesn't matter it's what they did with their career, who they fought and what they are known for that matter. Tito fought his whole career as a LHW so he's LHW. He's experienced in that weight class, he had a successful career and is now retired. Leave like that.
The same with Fedor, yes he's small but his entire career was him facing bigger dudes and beating the crap out of them. It's a different level. I'm usually against Fedor fighting anyone that's not a heavyweight for that reason. You can't really compare fighters from the HW division with any other division.

Fedor made his name crushing the likes of Minestrone, he could do with some of that shine right now so I'm sure it'll happen

campbellsCondensed-Minestrone.jpg

I hope they give him Kongo or someone with a big name. Fedor only has 2-3 fights left, I want him fighting legends. Mitrione is a good HW, but I don't care about him and he destroyed this card. I want Fedor fighting for the title in May/June.

Fedor finishes minestrone.

However mitrione might win against current Fedor.

I think the only way this fight doesn't happen is if Matt pushes for another fight before Fedor is ready. I'm not sure of Matt's financial situation but he doesn't seem to be hurting for money. It also seem like he was super excited for this fight. So I think he'll wait it out on his side as fighting Fedor seems to mean alot to him. Now Fedor, maybe they have a change of heart and don't want that fight anymore and that won't surprise me one bit.

I disagree. I understand you're saying he's a natural HW but then again which LHW fighter isn't? Shogun? If they are big or small doesn't matter it's what they did with their career, who they fought and what they are known for that matter. Tito fought his whole career as a LHW so he's LHW. He's experienced in that weight class, he had a successful career and is now retired. Leave like that.
The same with Fedor, yes he's small but his entire career was him facing bigger dudes and beating the crap out of them. It's a different level. I'm usually against Fedor fighting anyone that's not a heavyweight for that reason. You can't really compare fighters from the HW division with any other division.

LOL you speak of Fedor as a heavyweight when in reality he is a LHW with a belly. On top of that, Fedor is 40 years old. Hes not nearly as strong and explosive and not nearly as powerful in the clinch. He couldnt even outwrestle Fabio Maldonado for fucks sake, and you think hes this massive HW who should only be fighting HWs???? At 40 years old Fedor is too old, too small and wayyyy too past his prime to be fighting younger powerful guys who are taller, with longer reach and 30lbs advantage. He doesnt have the juice to move those guys around like he once did. He should be fighting guys his size ONLY.

Fedor the massive HW next to Tito the tiny LHW :D
5275.JPG

Fedor wasn't facing HWs his entire career as you claim. Have you forgotten about Matt Linland, Arona, Dan Henderson, TK, Sobral etc

LOL you speak of Fedor as a heavyweight when in reality he is a LHW with a belly. On top of that, Fedor is 40 years old. Hes not nearly as strong and explosive and not nearly as powerful in the clinch. He couldnt even outwrestle Fabio Maldonado for fucks sake, and you think hes this massive HW who should only be fighting HWs???? At 40 years old Fedor is too old, too small and wayyyy too past his prime to be fighting younger powerful guys who are taller, with longer reach and 30lbs advantage. He doesnt have the juice to move those guys around like he once did. He should be fighting guys his size ONLY.

Fedor the massive HW next to Tito the tiny LHW :D
5275.JPG

lol Dude did you even read my post?! It sounds like you just had a knee jerk reaction as a crazy Fedor fan that must defend him at all costs. lmao
I mentioned he is small, I also mentioned he made a name for himself by beating bigger opponents. Vovchanchyn is a lot shorter than Fedor and was a "fat ass" and look what he did as a HW, now look what he did as LHW. Their size is not that important. Fedor is a heavyweight, fought his entire career as a heavyweight (even back in his Judo days), is the GOAT because of what he did as a small heavyweight and most importantly for the most part only faced guys that are HWs. You get used to that, you know? Your body, mind, your game. You remember Fedor vs Hendo (Fedor was leaner than ever btw) or him vs Maldonado. That didn't turn out great, did it? Fedor is used to a certain type of opponent and has adapted his game and style to near perfection so why give him smaller guys? Yes he's older and not as explosive but that's just another reason why he should be fighting big and slow guys. He's still fast and precise! And I'm sure his punches are still very powerful.

I personally think Fedor shouldn't be fighting anymore (his fight against Maldonado was sad!!!) but that's not up to me. He wants to fight so let's hope it's someone bigger and slower possibly with a bad cardio lol

Regarding Tito, yes he's big, most of his body weight comes from his head lol but he's retired. Leave the man alone! And I wouldn't necessary be against a fight between the two although I would rather see Fedor facing some HW and possibly losing to a HW than being manhandled by Tito. And yes, I'm afraid of that happening. :(

Fedor wasn't facing HWs his entire career as you claim. Have you forgotten about Matt Linland, Arona, Dan Henderson, TK, Sobral etc
Oh god you reminded you that ridiculous fight! lol

Holy shit Matt Minestrone made me laugh out loud hard for whatever reason. Good job.

TK and Babalu were heavyweights when he fought them. Babalu was heavier.

He will be back. If not fedor Matt likely fights Kongo.

Back