Will Khabib get exposed and Rousey'd by Conor and start losing?

Yes. Ronda handled her loss better than Khabib when he lost in wrestling. At least she stood on her own. Khabib dropped to his knees, cried, and had to have his opponent carry him off the Matt like a baby. Pathetic

Yes. Ronda handled her loss better than Khabib when he lost in wrestling. At least she stood on her own. Khabib dropped to his knees, cried, and had to have his opponent carry him off the Matt like a baby. Pathetic

Just saw that clip of Khabib. Wow.

There's nothing to really expose about Khabib though.

We all know to beat him you stuff his takedowns and outbox him on the feet. The issue is it's really hard to stop his takedowns.

I think it's going to be more of a Machida-style exposure. Right now, he's a tough puzzle to crack. Once someone figures out the blueprint, he'll win some and some lose based on the style.

I've noticed in a lot of his fights, he does the exact same thing Machida used to do. If you pressure him, he drops his hands and runs backwards with his chin up and hands down. It took forever for it to happen but Shogun finally cracked the Machida riddle and chased him down and kept tagging him.

If Khabib's plan is to retire at 30 though, we may not see it happen.

I think it's going to be more of a Machida-style exposure. Right now, he's a tough puzzle to crack. Once someone figures out the blueprint, he'll win some and some lose based on the style.

I've noticed in a lot of his fights, he does the exact same thing Machida used to do. If you pressure him, he drops his hands and runs backwards with his chin up and hands down. It took forever for it to happen but Shogun finally cracked the Machida riddle and chased him down and kept tagging him.

If Khabib's plan is to retire at 30 though, we may not see it happen.

Good point.

Does Khabib suddenly think he is a masterful striker?

I don’t think so. He’s said he knows he needs to get it to the ground fast and he isn’t going to play with Conor standing.

.....but saying it and doing it are another thing.

Plus, once in the cage against certain opponents fighters go against their game plans.

Khabib is a one trick pony in the same vein as Brock Lesnar and Ronda Rousey. All 3 are not well-rounded but they aren't 1 dimensional either, they are 2 dimensional. They all have great wrestling/judo with a deadly ground game. Rousey had her submissions while Khabib and Lesnar have their GnP and submissions. However, the way to stop all of these fighters is simple, keep the fight standing and punch/kick them in the face. Easier said than done. However, once someone does it and breaks the fighters aura of invincibility they can start losing.

Look at Lesnar after losing to Cain he then lost to Overeem and retired. Overeem is the 1 person who stopped Lesnar's TD's 100% and Cain was taken down but was able to get back up very quickly and received little if any damage on the ground. Lesnar retired after that albeit retiring to fight Hunt and then DC.

Rousey looked invincible until Holly Holm took her out by avoiding her clinch so she couldn't get taken down and continually punched and kicked Rousey in the head. After that Amanda Nunes made mincemeat of Ronda. Rousey retired after that.

Khabib vs. Conor is a very simple fight and comes down to whoever can impose their will first. Either Conor avoids Khabib's TDs and eventually knocks him down with a strike and finishes it with GnP for the TKO win or Khabib gets Conor down and finishes him.

If Conor is able to strike and move effectively and avoid Khabib's TDs he could make it look easy like the Alvarez fight and win a devastating victory against Khabib and setting up the "simple" gameplan that everyone about on how to beat Khabib but was never able to accomplish. Avoid the TD and strike. If Khabib loses in that fashion than Khabib's next opponent maybe able to do the same thing and you start seeing Khabib lose 2 in a row.

Who thinks Khabib could lose to Conor and then start losing more fights rather than losing one and quickly coming back and staying on top?

Difference is Ronda and Brock were relative novices in comparison to Khabib. Dude has 26 pro fights. A little more respect, please.

I don’t think so. He’s said he knows he needs to get it to the ground fast and he isn’t going to play with Conor standing.

.....but saying it and doing it are another thing.

Plus, once in the cage against certain opponents fighters go against their game plans.

When Gad Khabib deviated from his game plan?

Back