Will Khabib get exposed and Rousey'd by Conor and start losing?

Khabib is a one trick pony in the same vein as Brock Lesnar and Ronda Rousey. All 3 are not well-rounded but they aren't 1 dimensional either, they are 2 dimensional. They all have great wrestling/judo with a deadly ground game. Rousey had her submissions while Khabib and Lesnar have their GnP and submissions. However, the way to stop all of these fighters is simple, keep the fight standing and punch/kick them in the face. Easier said than done. However, once someone does it and breaks the fighters aura of invincibility they can start losing.

Look at Lesnar after losing to Cain he then lost to Overeem and retired. Overeem is the 1 person who stopped Lesnar's TD's 100% and Cain was taken down but was able to get back up very quickly and received little if any damage on the ground. Lesnar retired after that albeit retiring to fight Hunt and then DC.

Rousey looked invincible until Holly Holm took her out by avoiding her clinch so she couldn't get taken down and continually punched and kicked Rousey in the head. After that Amanda Nunes made mincemeat of Ronda. Rousey retired after that.

Khabib vs. Conor is a very simple fight and comes down to whoever can impose their will first. Either Conor avoids Khabib's TDs and eventually knocks him down with a strike and finishes it with GnP for the TKO win or Khabib gets Conor down and finishes him.

If Conor is able to strike and move effectively and avoid Khabib's TDs he could make it look easy like the Alvarez fight and win a devastating victory against Khabib and setting up the "simple" gameplan that everyone about on how to beat Khabib but was never able to accomplish. Avoid the TD and strike. If Khabib loses in that fashion than Khabib's next opponent maybe able to do the same thing and you start seeing Khabib lose 2 in a row.

Who thinks Khabib could lose to Conor and then start losing more fights rather than losing one and quickly coming back and staying on top?

nope but conor will

It’s a really interesting question. I don’t think if khabib loses it will be as one sided as Ronda can Holly/Nunes but it’s always interesting to see how a dominant fighter responds to their first loss. Who knows, maybe he retires if he loses, didn’t his father say he didn’t want him to fight past age 29 or something like that?

Khabib is a one trick pony in the same vein as Brock Lesnar and Ronda Rousey. All 3 are not well-rounded but they aren't 1 dimensional either, they are 2 dimensional. They all have great wrestling/judo with a deadly ground game. Rousey had her submissions while Khabib and Lesnar have their GnP and submissions. However, the way to stop all of these fighters is simple, keep the fight standing and punch/kick them in the face. Easier said than done. However, once someone does it and breaks the fighters aura of invincibility they can start losing.

Look at Lesnar after losing to Cain he then lost to Overeem and retired. Overeem is the 1 person who stopped Lesnar's TD's 100% and Cain was taken down but was able to get back up very quickly and received little if any damage on the ground. Lesnar retired after that albeit retiring to fight Hunt and then DC.

Rousey looked invincible until Holly Holm took her out by avoiding her clinch so she couldn't get taken down and continually punched and kicked Rousey in the head. After that Amanda Nunes made mincemeat of Ronda. Rousey retired after that.

Khabib vs. Conor is a very simple fight and comes down to whoever can impose their will first. Either Conor avoids Khabib's TDs and eventually knocks him down with a strike and finishes it with GnP for the TKO win or Khabib gets Conor down and finishes him.

If Conor is able to strike and move effectively and avoid Khabib's TDs he could make it look easy like the Alvarez fight and win a devastating victory against Khabib and setting up the "simple" gameplan that everyone about on how to beat Khabib but was never able to accomplish. Avoid the TD and strike. If Khabib loses in that fashion than Khabib's next opponent maybe able to do the same thing and you start seeing Khabib lose 2 in a row.

Who thinks Khabib could lose to Conor and then start losing more fights rather than losing one and quickly coming back and staying on top?

Depends on the matchups they give him. Gaethje and Lee for example are nightmare matchups for Khabib. Ferguson is no picnic either.

It took Khabib 3 1/2 minutes to secure his first takedown on Michael Johnson...If McGregor has that much time on the feet he will knock Khabib out, plain and simple.

McGregor isn't as quick as Johnson, but he has excellent timing, is very intelligent and is a more diverse striker. Khabib will also be very cognizant of McGregor's power so he will be even more cautious in those opening minutes than he was against Johnson.

I actually see McGregor winning this fight handily, and I'm not even a fan of his.

Khabib is a very limited striker just like Rousey was...I could see him getting KO'd in the first two-three minutes of the fight, if not sooner.

It sure would be nice.
The losing and exposing to Conor is something that could happen. The continuing to lose isn't something that could happen because Papa Khabib wouldn't allow it.
Khabib barely fights and when he does his opponents are who? A RDA that wasn't beefed up yet or the #11 fighter on short notice.
I don't believe these things aren't planned. Dude has a padded record and I don't like it,

Conor will be exposed. If you compare Khabib and conor - Conor is real one trick pony here.

Khabib hasn’t fought many styles let’s be honest . But all aka guys fight the same. Literally good grappling no head movement chain wrestling and tuffness . But it’s reason Cain and dc are the outliers . Not everyone can succeed with that and handle punishment . And both Cain and dc have been finished. Khabib whole a great fighter seems so slow and lacks rythem . U can’t cut of someone like Conor with angles and or maybe a blast double like gsp

maybe the other way around, Conor could be the Ronda here: he comes back after years away and might get smashed, and disappear again for a while.

Anyone who thinks either of these 2 goofs is a 'one trick pony' knows nothing... Filthy casuals.

I completely agree and one of the best examples is Chuck Liddell vs Randy Couture. Everyone forgets that before Randy lost to Chuck in their 2nd fight, he was looking unbeatable at 205. He'd beaten Chuck and schooled Tito, and many people picked him to beat Chuck a 2nd time.

I literally don't see how Khabib is any better than Randy Couture at what he does. All it takes is for someone with good enough TDD and standup, and Khabib is done.

Conor is the one getting Rousey'd, khabib is a better striker than Conor is a grappler.

Based on what? I'll see it completely opposite way. Ronda was better striker than Khabib compared to the rest of division.

Khabib has solid chin just like Ronda so fight could be very much similar to Holm vs Rousey.

The Lesnar comparison is stupid, but the Ronda one is actually not bad.
Obviously Khabib is FAR more skilled and well rounded than Ronda was, but compared to his opponents in his Weight Category there are definite similarities.
Khabib has fantastic close range takedowns. From the Clinch he will either trip you, or more often he will grind you down against the cage. Ronda was similar in that she only really had the Clinch takedowns to work with.

Khabib and Ronda both had a lethal ground game against their rivals, but in different manner. Ronda would grab an arm and take it home...and Khabib will suffocate with top control and Ground and Pound.

Khabib and Ronda both REALLY struggle to perform takedowns from distance and have glaring holes in their striking. Both offensively and defensively. Because of this both rely on their power advantage and just swing for the fences.

In both cases the gameplan to beat them is very simple in theory, but a lot harder in practice. You can either...
a) Keep your distance with footwork/controlling the range
b) Perform fantastic takedown defense
all while outlanding in the striking department.

Will McGregor do it. I believe so. It's his fight to lose. He has the perfect style to stop Khabib. With that being said, becoming a multi millionaire and having numerous leg/knee injuries add up.
Will this lead other fighters to instantly be able to defeat Khabib...not likely.
The gameplan has been there for quite some time, but like I said, hard to implement.
-Ferguson can TRY to nullify with Jujitsu and scrapping, but I would favor Khabib for the first 3 rounds, and that will probably be enough.
-Alvarez.....very possible. He has the power to stuff the TDs, and has shown he knows how to stick to a gameplan.
-Poirier if he works on catching with a submission early. He would benefit the most from watching it done ahead of time I think.
-Barboza (we saw how that went)
-Gaethje will probably get ground out.
-Kevin Lee is likely the best candidate for the TDD method at LW

Conor is the one getting Rousey'd, khabib is a better striker than Conor is a grappler.
giphy.gif

if khabib cant get the takedown, its gonna look far worse than rousey beatdwn.

I can also see Khabib getting frustrated after he gets countered couple of times while rushing for takedown and start to chase Conor in the octagon just like Ronda did against Holly.

Put some respect on that Khabib's Muhamad Ali jab

Flying knees like Romero

Conor's already lost before and returned and won. He lost to Nate Diaz and returned to win the rematch.

after he loses again he turn into ronda and just fade away from mma.

conor would beg for a wwe try.

Back