Will khabib and conor throw down?

topcat87

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
So much talent in the top of that division but surely that's the dream money fight in Russia right there would love to see this fight but whats happening with Nurmy? These should be his peak years yet he's been absent as long as conor for a load of bs reasons

Maybe, but it won't be in Russia. If they ever go to Russia, they'll treat it like Poland and the rest of Europe and put Andy Wang vs Timothy Johnson as the headliner.

I dunno man, Dana said that's what conor wanted while the whole mayweather shit was going down but that was Dana talking. Conor might never step foot in an octagon again for all I know. Not like he needs the money now as for the weight cutting and health issues yeaa they are there for all to see and robbed me of the fight I was most looking forward to seeing this year (vs tony) no one's perfect though just ask jon.....

Conor vs Nate 3, anywhere, is more of a money fight than Khabib. Casuals have no idea who he is. He can't make 55 anways.

Khabib vs Barboza is the fight to make

No doubt... Whisper is they want it to happen for the belt too and of course I'd watch that fight even though it makes a mockery of the rest of the division but that's kinda standard these days. I'd just love to see if conor could handle khabib trying to tear his soul out on the ground if he couldn't get him out of there in the first couple of rounds.

Well the whole idea of the interim belt is that the winner gets the next title shot... so I think Khabib is out.

A5rqBQH.jpg

I dunno man, Dana said that's what conor wanted while the whole mayweather shit was going down but that was Dana talking. Conor might never step foot in an octagon again for all I know. Not like he needs the money now as for the weight cutting and health issues yeaa they are there for all to see and robbed me of the fight I was most looking forward to seeing this year (vs tony) no one's perfect though just ask jon.....
I just gave you your first "like"... Congrats bro... Now we'll have to work on dat Avi.

Here'z a good one for you.

6aSRzNZ.gif

Haha cheers man as for the interim title we all know consistently beating the top contenders in a division isn't the way you get a title shot in the ufc

Whats the point of making this fight. Champion ignoring interim champion and fighting for no title? This is bullshit.

Whats the point of making this fight. Champion ignoring interim champion and fighting for no title? This is bullshit.
Come on man it's not like Nurmy is rated no 1 at 155 and is undefeated or anything

Would Conor fight Khabib? Absolutely. I don't believe he ducks anyone. Would the UFC match Conor against Khabib? Absolutely not. Khabib is the exact kind of fighter they've avoided matching Conor against from the very beginning.

Khabib would bounce Conor around the octagon like a roofied prom date.

Conor knows this...that's why it will never happen.

Would Conor fight Khabib? Absolutely. I don't believe he ducks anyone. Would the UFC match Conor against Khabib? Absolutely not. Khabib is the exact kind of fighter they've avoided matching Conor against from the very beginning.
Do you not think nate kinda falls into that category aswell I know they are 2 completely different style fighters and they were never supposed to fight but no one stops nate he just eats big shots and keeps coming forward not an ideal match up for someone with suspect cardio like conor which he found to his cost in the 1st fight and I still think nate was pretty close to finishing him at the end of the third or second in the second fight conor was just saved by the bell but I can't see Dana having any qualms with letting them go at it again just imagine if conor had some success early doors against khabib and then the eagle does what he does and makes him tap say in the third or fourth I would imagine as a rematch that would be as well watched and highly anticipated as conor nate 2 we all know Dana likes dollar...

No. I do not believe they will. I think Conor is at the point where he will hand pick "big money" fights. Khabib isn't a big money fight and besides that, he's dangerous in that he can take you down and hold you there. NObody wants to watch Conor get held down.

I truly believe Conor fights Nate and then retires.

qraz0_s-200x150.gif

Will khabib and conor throw down?

a08vx_s-200x150.gif
Not if Conor can help it

Khabib gotta rematch the scales a couple times before he can be put into any high profile fight.

Do you not think nate kinda falls into that category aswell I know they are 2 completely different style fighters and they were never supposed to fight but no one stops nate he just eats big shots and keeps coming forward not an ideal match up for someone with suspect cardio like conor which he found to his cost in the 1st fight and I still think nate was pretty close to finishing him at the end of the third or second in the second fight conor was just saved by the bell but I can't see Dana having any qualms with letting them go at it again just imagine if conor had some success early doors against khabib and then the eagle does what he does and makes him tap say in the third or fourth I would imagine as a rematch that would be as well watched and highly anticipated as conor nate 2 we all know Dana likes dollar...
First off, punctuation is your friend. Secondly, Nate absolutely does not fall into that category. Nate is a guy who wants to strike and has terrible wrestling. That's the exact kind of guy they match Conor up with. And of course they thought Conor would beat Nate; Conor's a more skilled striker and Nate wasn't even training for a fight. Khabib asked to replace RDA and fight Conor, but they bypassed him in favor of Nate. Put your thinking cap on and ask yourself why that is.

Back