will future generations care more about E sports and less about actual sports?

Do you think Esports will ever become as popular as football, basketball or baseball? Will the finals of say, an Overwatch tournament be viewed by as many people as the Super Bowl?

Once the singularity happens and the robots take over, esports will be all the rage

I don't even consider it a sport, not sure how anyone does.

By those standards Yahtzee and Monopoly are sports.

Definitely. The youth drive the future and even still with video games being more widely accepted for adults to participate in, I could see them being more popular than every sport other than Basketball, Soccer, and something like Cricket in 20ish years.

I don't think so because it's not just the fact that both are competitive that makes them entertaining, it's about the specific parts of each game that are enjoyable to a viewer.

I like watching fighting games because they're a kinetic mashup of poker and chess with a dexterity element, but watching them would never scratch the same itch as watching MMA or boxing.

I still am trying to understand in my old man brain why the youngins will watch others play video games online. Help me understand. Wouldnt you rather just play it yourself or at a friends house if you dont own it?
Sometimes it's cool to just relax and watch entertaining people play games. People such as H20Delirious and DrDisRespect. Not sure I'd ever care to watch an esports competition unless I knew one of the participants personally.

When VR gets bigger and better it’ll easily lend itself to eSports. Then it’ll completely eclipse most traditional sports

E-sports have the benefit of letting people actually play the game they are watching. Most adults cant go out and play football or basketball competitively, but anyone can pick up a mouse and keyboard and play e-sports. +

More people play computer games than do anything active. But I can't see most of them wanting to in a competitive league of watch games.
I played battlefield 3 in a competitive league and it lost its enjoyement

Live Tekken 7 matches slated to go down at Rizin 13 just announced this morning. These lil scrawny gamers side by side with juiced up fighters.

eSports will adopt actual physical activity into AR-augmented combat/competition.

I'm interested to see if this will actually happen. It's one thing to be a gamer who sits down all day and just has to put a bunch of hours into a game with absolutely no physical activity. It's another thing to ask that same person to push themselves day after day after day psychically like that. No one will be able to put in the kind of hours\training they do in games now in AR.

I personally have no interest in AR. I train 5 days a week lifting weights and BJJ. Why the hell would I want to come home and start pushing myself psychically even more. Hopefully they will have a VR\AR system that allows you to just sit and not have to push yourself psychically.

LOL, the very fact that he is ranting about that is testament to the fact the there is no "official" stylization of the word, and continues a tradition tracing back to hyphenation of "e-mail", and even early on when people still wrote "e-Mail" or "eMail" before it finally settled in with more traditional rules of grammar. Applying the same "e" prefix to many newly digitized apparatuses that had non-digital precursors has been common ever since. You come off as some peremptory 20-year-old oblivious to this (not very old) history, and ripe with condescension in your absurd ignorance.

Not important. Maybe we can get a more widely accepted formal consensus. Where to look, I wonder? Oh yeah, Wikipedia, the globe's de facto up-to-date encyclopedia and almanac:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESports

LOL, whoops. I'm living rent free in that pigeon brain, tryhard. Carry on.

I'm not taking sides here, but I like your use of the English language. Are you formally schooled in some sort of writing?

Back