Will Edgars KO loss 50 days ago have any effect on his ability to take a shot tonight?

Will Frankies KO loss 50 days have a negative effect on his chin against Cub tonight?

• Total voters

HAWTRIDDUM

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Seems most fighters get a 60 day suspension from sparring or fighting after getting KO'd, but Frankie never really took any time off.

We have seen fighters in the past get KO'd in training during a camp then have very little ability to take strikes to the head without getting rocked or hurt.

Marvin Eastman vs Travis Lutter and Forrest vs Anderson are examples of fighters who were knocked out during camp, didn't take any time off, and were ko'd by some fairly light strikes during their fights afterwards.

Some may argue that Frankie wasnt completely out, but he still did get lifted off his feet by Ortegas punch.

Edgar needs to retire immediately, i've already diagnosed him with CTE.

Ortega took both their souls, in with the new, out with the old. Cub can stay though, he's always been exciting to watch.

I'd say yeah, but I'm hoping Edgar won't get hit clean so it will be a moot point.

It's a very good question. Cub is tough but even with this short layoff I think Frankie has his number.

Ortega took both their souls, in with the new, out with the old. Cub can stay though, he's always been exciting to watch.
Cub was outstriking him before he got subbed though...

Decent chance that Cub may sing Frankie's Swansong.

I don't think Cub will land anything significant for us to know

I like Cub but terrible match-up for him

Cub was outstriking him before he got subbed though...

Decent chance that Cub may sing Frankie's Swansong.

Lol Ortega nearly snapped his neck off in round 1 and he did in round 2, his shots had zero effect on Ortega. Ortega destroyed em in less than 3 rounds combined.

Nah, head trauma is a myth. Suspensions shouldn't be a thing.

<21>

Lol Ortega nearly snapped his neck off in round 1 and he did in round 2, his shots had zero effect on Ortega. Ortega destroyed em in less than 3 rounds combined.
Exactly this, that was one of Ortega's best performances.

He most likely lost the first round on the judges score cards, but being down on the scorecards is just how Ortega likes it. A lot of Ortega's fights can be summarised with the statement "he was losing until he won".

This shouldn’t even be a question - of course The tko just a month and a half ago will have an effect. He needs more time to recover. Edgar will not be at 100% tonight. I can’t actually believe they are allowing Edgar to fight again so soon. It’s kind of ridiculous.

He most likely lost the first round on the judges score cards, but being down on the scorecards is just how Ortega likes it. A lot of Ortega's fights can be summarised with the statement "he was losing until he won".
He was up on the scorecards though, he nearly finished Cub in the last minute of round 1. He strangled the shit outta him.

Edgar's had an amazing career, one of the best of all time for sure. I hope he retires gracefully and doesn't pull a Gomi on us.

Back