Will Eddie Alvarez Ever Get Another Title Shot?

yeah he in the mix for sure, if he beats dustin i think one more fight and then fight for the belt.

if eddie wins why should khabib be kept on the sidelines.

I know sherdog would go crazy if ufc forced khabib to wait until next year to fight.

to bad conor will never fight again so that doesn't matter.

You mean you PRAY he never fights again, because then he'll beat all of your favorites and force you to admit to his greatness. He's coming back, so you might as well accept it.

if eddie wins why should khabib be kept on the sidelines.

I know sherdog would go crazy if ufc forced khabib to wait until next year to fight.
well i think we all want to see khabib get his hands on conor, so thats the only reason to let khabib wait. and khabib himself wants that fight badly.

so if eddie gets by dustin, which i think last fight should have been a dq loss instead of a nc because i thought those knees were bad. but maybe a fight with tony as someone else said earlier. a fight with lee would be good.

but i dont know, i dont think a win over gaethje and dustin should get that shot, one more fight.

unless UFC figure out a way to get the current championship fighters to fight more often, I dont think alvarev will get another shot

You mean you PRAY he never fights again, because then he'll beat all of your favorites and force you to admit to his greatness. He's coming back, so you might as well accept it.
Conor can't beat all of his favorites. UFC is having hard time to book Conor for a single MMA fight, and you are already projecting multiple victories for him? Explain to me, how are UFC going to book Conor multiple times?

Conor can't beat all of his favorites. UFC is having hard time to book Conor for a single MMA fight, and you are already projecting multiple victories for him? Explain to me, how are UFC going to book Conor multiple times?

He beats one opponent, they find another. He beats the next, they find another. Etc., etc. On and on until The King is the only one left standing.

I think Eddie is going to be similar to Aldo at 145. Will remain elite and likely top 5 for a while, but won’t be able to compete with the champion. Just like Aldo can probably beat any FW not names Max, I think Eddie can beat any LW not named Conor. But with Conor never having lost his belt in the cage it just doesn’t make sense to give Eddie a TS. I think he could be competitive with the other 2 “title holders”, just not McGregor

Nate Diaz could turn up and get in the mix at any time he likes too

If Conor won't fight & Tony can't fight then Khabib has to defend against someone. Eddie's next in line in the ranking after those two, had a great performance against Gaethje & likely the Poirier rematch will be a superb fight as well. If he gets the win would be hard to deny him the title fight over whoever else is available.

Although for me the ideal situation would be Conor/ Khabib, Tony/ Eddie. Winners fight each other to sort this division out.

If he gets past Dustin, then yeah, but LW is such a shithouse these days he'll probably have to beat Tony or Lee too before he gets a shot at the belt again.

Looks like a white guy
American
Just bleed style

He'll do alright

All depends on the UFC"s angle. They could easily make him face a few other top fighters and if he loses he's back of the line again. But I am assuming Conor would welcome a rematch if Conor ever becomes champion again.

highly doubt it

the wheels turn too slowly, he got destroyed by Conor and I think Dustin beats him

if Tony is back, does he wait for winner of Khabib vs Connie winner? Or does he fight winner of this fight? If Conor isn't back and Tony heals up, is that fight booked for the 18th time?

If Dustin wins, is he next in line?

Where does Lee fit into the picture right now? Because he's arguably a fight or two away from a title shot too.

It's crazy how stacked LW is. There's merit for almost anyone to get a title shot that's top 5.
Dustin vs Alvarez happens next month.

If McGregor and Khabib can't get things worked out expect Khabib to fight the winner next as long as Ferguson can't make it.

If Ferguson can make it expect him to get the shot.

But here's my prediction.

Khabib vs McGregor this fall. Khabib wins.

Dustin beats Eddie.

Ferguson is healthy by spring and fights Khabib in March/April.

Kevin Lee gets scheduled to fight Dustin for next crack. He misses weight and still beats Dustin via split decision futher screwing up the division.

If I were matchmaker, he would've been on the prelims for at least 2 fights after that Conor disaster. But if he works his way back up, why not?

Back