Will Donald Cerrone ever be champion?

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
I don't like his ass but the dude been around for a long time. Fought the best of the best and always managed to come up short. He seems to be back to square 1 but hell shit can happen. Michael Bisping even became champ.

It is MMA anything can happen in a fight

But I suppose it will be hard for him to get a title shot.

he will never earn another title shot, let alone win a title. He is on his way out.

7HkfpX1.gif

Yes, if he is to get a lucky title shot like Bisping, Eddie Alvarez, etc

I love the guy. Easily one of my favorite fighters. It seems though that he's proven on a couple occasions that the pressures of a title fight are too much for him.

LFA champion? Sure.

Bellator champion? Maybe

UFC champion? No way in hell. Even if the stars aligned and he got a shot against a good matchup for him, he'd choke.

No, he's just one of those guys

I don't even think he'd beat Chandler in Bellator tbh with you and I like Cerrone

The count became a champ so everything is possible

I don't like his ass but the dude been around for a long time. Fought the best of the best and always managed to come up short. He seems to be back to square 1 but hell shit can happen. Michael Bisping even became champ.
Come on, man.

He saw his second spring already. Now he’s cannon fodder for the new guys.

I‘d like to see him break the record for the most Ws in the UFC though. Possible future hall of famer.

I refuse to rule out his chances, as a long time Bisping fan I thought his chance was long gone.... but he managed to get there.

I dont see why Donald cant do the same one day

I don't like his ass

You don't like his ass? Okay...

but the dude been around for a long time. Fought the best of the best and always managed to come up short. He seems to be back to square 1 but hell shit can happen. Michael Bisping even became champ.

I think unfortunately for Cowboy his weight class is way deeper than 185 at the time of Bisping's title contention. Therefore, no, I love him as a fighter, but he will struggle to even get a title shot from here, let alone become champ.

Yes, if he is to get a lucky title shot like Bisping, Eddie Alvarez, etc
Bisping was a short notice fill in though. If that's luck, it's more of the making your own luck variety. On a similar note, the UFC knows Cowboy is always ready to fill in, so it could definitely happen someday.

He's always in shape and fighters love dropping out a week before the fight. That's the only way he gets a title shot

I dont think he'd beat Chandler or Rory Mac in Bellator. He's a good counter wrestler he'd have a shot against Khabib but Khabib would be favored in that fight. Colby and Woodley are definitely too strong for him. And that's IF he gets a title shot IMO.

Back