Will Darren Till Make Weight?

Franc Mittelo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
His face is already sinking and he is not close to making weight. He looks like the last 5 lbs are going to be lethal.

I sure as hell hope he does make it, but if he doesn't, I hope he comes up with no excuses.

I mean... "look at de size o' me, I'm a fuck'n light 'eavyweight in de weltiweight division", right?

I sure as hell hope he does make it, but if he doesn't, I hope he comes up with no excuses.

I mean... "look at de size o' me, I'm a fuck'n light 'eavyweight in de weltiweight division", right?
Yeah lol I don’t even get what the point of saying stuff like that is. It doesn’t make you look good or anything.

Sherdog finds out Tills walk around weight and now they're weight cutting experts.

Save the questioning weight for Khabib & Mackenzie. The only 2 that deserve it.

Sherdog finds out Tills walk around weight and now they're weight cutting experts.
Save the questioning weight for Khabib & Mackenzie. The only 2 that deserve it.
I disagree. Nobody made the claim to be a weight cutting expert.

This.

I Hope he makes weight and the fight happens. But fuck him if he doesn't.

Never been a fan of fighters almost killing themselves to make weight just so they can fight in a weight class below.

I keep forgetting weigh-ins for this card are on a Saturday.

If he misses weight, Thompson should not accept the fight. He has absolutely nothing to gain in this fight in the first place, if he wins he will still be the #1 contender. If he loses it will be to someone much further down in the rankings (relatively speaking). Till is already the bigger man, and after all that bragging about being a LHW... if he misses weight Thompson should tell him to go to hell.

Last edited:
Biggest fight of his career... he better. But it hasn't stopped others... The kid is a professional... think he will.

If he missed weight, Thompson should not accept the fight. He has absolutely nothing to gain in this fight in the first place, if he wins he will still be the #1 contender. If he loses it will be to someone much further down in the rankings (relatively speaking). Till is already the bigger man, and after all that bragging about being a LHW... if he misses weight Thompson should tell him to go to hell.
100% agree

I was surprised Thompson even took this fight. He has so much to lose. But hats off to him for taking it.

Till is lucky enough to fight Wonderboy, the top contender in the division, so if he can't make weight, fuck him.

If he missed weight, Thompson should not accept the fight. He has absolutely nothing to gain in this fight in the first place, if he wins he will still be the #1 contender. If he loses it will be to someone much further down in the rankings (relatively speaking). Till is already the bigger man, and after all that bragging about being a LHW... if he misses weight Thompson should tell him to go to hell.

He has to fight to make money. Being ranked #1 doesn’t mean he is the #1 contender. Being a contender implies he has a shot at fighting for the title which he does not because he already did twice and came up short.

He had better make weight. It is his moment to shine headlining the 1st card ever in Liverpool.

He has to fight to make money. Being ranked #1 doesn’t mean he is the #1 contender. Being a contender implies he has a shot at fighting for the title which he does not because he already did twice and came up short.
Agreed. But how many guys ranked #1 in their weight class accept a fight with #8? He could have held steady until Lawler was available... or after last weekend fight Usman. I don't have a problem with him fighting Till, he's got bigger balls than most - a lot of men would have sat out until a better opportunity presented itself (Isn't that how Woodley got his TS?) but I would have a big problem with him fighting an overweight Till. You know what I mean?

Btw, are you saying that Thompson isn't a contender? Just because he won't get another shot against Woodley doesn't change that he is clearly the second best fighter in the division and will likely get the first shot at the man who dethrones T-Wood *as long as he beats Till*

What do you expect from a guy who lives off a pub diet of beer and burgers between fights

Just watched the open workouts.

Wonderboy looks sharper.

I'm rooting for Till but this will be a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge test for him.

He hasn’t given us a reason to doubt him. It’s not like he came back from Brazil with a heavy accent, unlike some other people...

I don't buy the Till is so big hype. 6' 74" reach and not overly muscular.

Him and Wonderboy will look similar size in the cage.

Back