Will Dana get Helwani fired for covering Bellator on ESPN??

I hope Helwani gets Dana fired and takes his place.

Wtf is Dizone? Or whatever they kept saying

You guys really think that Dana enjoys seeing his new tv partner in ESPN covering Bellator for free? Paramount network isn't covering the UFC in any capacity, this is pretty ridiculous.

Are you for real?

ESPN is a sports reporting network. Their primary reason for existing is to cover all noteworthy sports leagues.
Paramount wants to feature Paramount films and original TV series. The fact that they have even 1 MMA org is kind of odd and really just a holdover from the previous channel identity.

In what way does this help ESPN? In this grand scheme of things Rory & Gegard aren't household names, so covering this event on ESPN is not getting any extra viewers for their program. ESPN is now working with the UFC, have you ever heard anybody from FOX speaking about bellator? Bro this is ridiculous that Dana is allowing this.
ESPN almost certainly told him to cover it and it's no different than ESPN covering a major boxing match over one on their network. If Top Rank held a card the same day as a Canelo fight, ESPN would have post fight coverage of the Canelo fight too.

Is this not the dumbest move ever by Ariel?? ESPN & the UFC have a partnership but yet Ariel is covering a Bellator event, their rivals press conference. I'm pretty sure Dana isn't going to care that Ariel is supposedly covering mma but how the hell do you cover your competitor on your own platform, smh@Ariel.

nope it not like chael not a bellator fighter or anything.

ariel works for espn covering mma not the ufc only.

dana doesn't give a crap who Disney hired for there company to cover sports.

notice how dana didn't get brett okamoto fired for covering the sport of mma.

Nope. You must be really new bud.
Times are changing

lol ESPN covers sports, they don't just cover the sports that are shown on their network.

Ariel clearly stole that ESPN microphone and camera... likely kidnapped the cameraman as well... should be in jail tbh

You guys really think that Dana enjoys seeing his new tv partner in ESPN covering Bellator for free? Paramount network isn't covering the UFC in any capacity, this is pretty ridiculous.

but paramount network isn't a major sports channel that covers all sports. it not like this thing called espn hasn't been around since the 1970s.

What you guys fail to grasp is that the only reason ESPN is covering mma is because of the UFC deal. For argument sake, what if Bellator mma took off & became bigger than the UFC, in part because of ESPN's coverage? This isn't even smart for ESPN themselves as they have invested 1.5billion in the UFC, not the sport of mma overall. Listen i'd understand if this was a must see event & they felt forced to cover it like how they cover Canelo vs GGG but they aren't covering every boxing card who they don't promote. To me this makes no sense, if i was Dana i'd be pissed.

Is this not the dumbest move ever by Ariel?? ESPN & the UFC have a partnership but yet Ariel is covering a Bellator event, their rivals press conference. I'm pretty sure Dana isn't going to care that Ariel is supposedly covering mma but how the hell do you cover your competitor on your own platform, smh@Ariel.

Dana can't touch Ariel now, it's on ESPN. Doubt Ariel didn't get permission first.

What you guys fail to grasp is that the only reason ESPN is covering mma is because of the UFC deal. For argument sake, what if Bellator mma took off & became bigger than the UFC, in part because of ESPN's coverage? This isn't even smart for ESPN themselves. Listen i'd understand if this was a must see event & they felt forced to cover it like how they cover Canelo vs GGG but they aren't covering every boxing card who they don't promote. To me this makes no sense, if i was Dana i'd be pissed.

UFC is the premier MMA organization, they shouldn't be scared of other promotions getting coverage. Growing the entire MMA audience benefits the UFC.

ESPN is a sports channel....

I get the feeling that if White tries strongarming ESPN over shit like this, he'll be getting the boot sooner than Helwani will.

Helwani's a company guy, White's a petulant child. Who would you want to be in business with?

like dana can tell Disney who they can and cant hire. it not like the nfl can do that so there no way the ufc can.

It's not gonna be like it was at Fox, ESPN are apparently planning on covering the UFC worts and all...

Like they would any other sport, its not a bad thing for them to report the negative stories, coz they often generate more eyeballs watching.

In what way does this help ESPN? In this grand scheme of things Rory & Gegard aren't household names, so covering this event on ESPN is not getting any extra viewers for their program. ESPN is now working with the UFC, have you ever heard anybody from FOX speaking about bellator? Bro this is ridiculous that Dana is allowing this.

to bad he got that who radio show with a belaltor fighter. like dana cares who Disney hires to cover the sport of mma.

What you guys fail to grasp is that the only reason ESPN is covering mma is because of the UFC deal. For argument sake, what if Bellator mma took off & became bigger than the UFC, in part because of ESPN's coverage? This isn't even smart for ESPN themselves as they have invested 1.5billion in the UFC, not the sport of mma overall. Listen i'd understand if this was a must see event & they felt forced to cover it like how they cover Canelo vs GGG but they aren't covering every boxing card who they don't promote. To me this makes no sense, if i was Dana i'd be pissed.

eson is a sports network and covers all sports. they talked about belaltor before.

it not like ariel radio show didn't have bellator and ufc fighters on it.

it not like espn doesn't cover the cfl while paying the nfl billion more than the ufc.

Maybe a producer royally fucked up?

Back