Will Dana get Helwani fired for covering Bellator on ESPN??

brian

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

Is this not the dumbest move ever by Ariel?? ESPN & the UFC have a partnership but yet Ariel is covering a Bellator event, their rivals press conference. I'm pretty sure Dana isn't going to care that Ariel is supposedly covering mma but how the hell do you cover your competitor on your own platform, smh@Ariel.

This is on ESPN.

I mean he has a fucking show with a current Bellator fighter in Chael Sonnen on ESPN.

Chael working with ariel should give you that answer

It's more serious than that, he'll have him charged with high treason and his punishment will be death by firing squad at sun up.

I don't think there is exclusivity or else it's a contract breech. Ariel isn't that stupid.

575638f925b1f136015194.gif

Is this not the dumbest move ever by Ariel?? ESPN & the UFC have a partnership but yet Ariel is covering a Bellator event, their rivals press conference. I'm pretty sure Dana isn't going to care that Ariel is supposedly covering mma but how the hell do you cover your competitor on your own platform, smh@Ariel.

Ariel works espn not the UFC

You guys really think that Dana enjoys seeing his new tv partner in ESPN covering Bellator for free? Paramount network isn't covering the UFC in any capacity, this is pretty ridiculous.

You guys really think that Dana enjoys seeing his new tv partner in ESPN covering Bellator for free? Paramount network isn't covering the UFC in any capacity, this is pretty ridiculous.
paramount isnt a sports network. They do talk about the UFC a shitload on their cards though. Something UFC never does

Pretty sure if there was a conflict it would not have been aired.

dana will just sit quiet and watch

I get the feeling that if White tries strongarming ESPN over shit like this, he'll be getting the boot sooner than Helwani will.

Helwani's a company guy, White's a petulant child. Who would you want to be in business with?

Okay Ariel's hairline is definitely receding. It's not super obvious because of his low natural hairline but it's happening

7Fp5aTI.jpg

Pretty sure if there was a conflict it would not have been aired.

In what way does this help ESPN? In this grand scheme of things Rory & Gegard aren't household names, so covering this event on ESPN is not getting any extra viewers for their program. ESPN is now working with the UFC, have you ever heard anybody from FOX speaking about bellator? Bro this is ridiculous that Dana is allowing this.

He works for ESPN now not some mma website.

Back