Will Conor vs Khabib be like Conor vs Alvarez?

If you think the fighting styles of Eddie and Khabib are even remotely similar then just delete your account

Been here since 2007 but clearly don't know what you're on about

90% of the ppl here will say no but...

Probably.

If Khabib had a Mendes style double then he'd have a better chance closing the distance without getting rocked.

eddie got rocked trying to strike with a fresh conor. I think khabib will shoot low singles early

Probably more like Conor/Aldo. I expect a quick KO within the first minute or two.

But goddamn it would be so much more entertaining if it ended up more like the Alvarez fight: Conor just stuffs multiple take downs and keeps countering and dropping Khabib over and over again until the damage is too much for him to endure any longer. The haters would be so humiliated! They wouldn't even be able to convince themselves that Khabib only lost because he got sloppy/careless like they did with Aldo, because a much longer fight more akin to the Eddie one would show that Conor is just too much for Khabib to handle on any given night.

and if conor gets taken down and beaten up repeatedly, leading to a sub, would you admit that khabib is too much for conor on any given night?

Khabib getting way too much hype in this fight. His best wins are Barboza and Dos Anjos, and won a fake belt after beating a short notice Iaquinta.

Yes, he's a great grappler with super cardio, but he can get sloppy in his striking and exposed when coming in to clinch. Can not do that against Conor, he will get drilled. 3 or 4 good pops to the jaw from MacGregor and Khabibs gameplan might go out the window.

I almost always back the wrestler/grappler, but I wouldnt be surprised to see a 2 or 3 rnd TKO from MacGregor.

Big chance it will look like that. Khabib is slower than Eddie with worse striking.

No, it will not. Alvarez is a much more skilled and well rounded fighter than Khabib.

Conor starts to gas 3-4 minutes of the 1st round, you can tell that his reaction time and speed gets a lot slower near the 4 minute mark. He looks fresh in the first half of the second round but it's so obvious that his gas tank is his biggest downfall.

Doubt it. But would be worth the $65 to see...

Ronda has more fluid striking than Khabib. His only hope is diving for Conor’s ankles and staying out of range of Conor’s hands. If Conor stuffs the first 2 takedown attempts this fight is going be over quicker than the fight with Eddie. Like a grown man beating his child.
Alvarez is chinny. He gets knocked down in every single fight. Khabib on the other hand has never been really rocked. If Conor hits khabib and his chin takes it I think its over. Khabib will move forward and execute the game plan as intended and win the decision.

Probably but no.

Eddie tried to strike with McG and we all know what happened. Like @Cat Biscuits said Eddie should have went for the extreme pressure Eddie did against Pettis, also Eddie tends to get tagged easy. If khabib is smart he will try to pressure Mcg with the clinch and work from there and not give a single inch of air to Mcg can recover

I think Khabib has to work on his power doubles a lot for this fight, and abuse his low singles.

I'm not sure who will win but Conor has a good chance if Khabib's initial takedowns fail.

I can't even tell you how much faster Conor is than Khabib. It's enormous. This is going to be Conor's second amateur fight.

I think Khabib has to work on his power doubles a lot for this fight, and abuse his low singles.

I'm not sure who will win but Conor has a good chance if Khabib's initial takedowns fail.

giphy.gif

Back